High flow cats and precats....

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Which would you prefer (if any)

High flow primary cats
38%
Cat delete test pipes for secondaries
43%
Resonated test pipes for secondaries
19%

Total votes: 21

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:22 am

I did a custom SS cat back system and used Berk High FLow cat B -Pipes
I didnot go with Long Tube headers. to much involved for maybe 10-15 more HP. Plus it would be an issue with the Warranty.
I gutted the Primary cats.
Then installed the Berk ss B - pipes. $499
these pipes are made for Titan/ Armada. they have them for 2wd and 4wd.
DIfference is location of the drivers side O2 sensor. since the 4wd has the transfer case.
they also have the O2 sensors extenders to prevent codes from poping up. the O2 sensors are relocated after the secondary cats.
Here is a description of the item from their website.

(Berk Technology is proud to present our Nissan Titan/Armada B-pipes. These B-pipes feature a high flow metallic substrate catalytic converters
High Flow Metallic Catalysts, 2.25" 304SS Tubing
and built in O2 Sensor extenders to help prevent those pesky CEL lights. The highest quality B - Pipes.
-New gaskets & hardware are included.)

Have them on for 6 months. no codes.
Driver side fits perfect.
The passanger side shape and lenght fits perfect, but the rear flange that goes to the flange from the pipe that goes to the muffler for some reason the bolt wholes do not line up. the titan / armada / pathfinder 5.6 b pipes have same part number. do not know why the pathfinder flange is set to different angle.
What I did - I cut the OEM pipe off and rotated it and then welded it back.
Few days later I did the the SS Cat back system.
I purchased ss bolts washers and nuts, so from primary cats back its all SS, exept the Flowmaster muffler.
Pipes from B pipes to the muffler are 2 1/4 inch. Flowmaster 70 muffler. dual in single out, like the stock, Tail pipe 2.5 inch.
I ran the tail pipe same as the OEM, but without the resonator, and it ends little bit higher then OEM, so its 100% stealth look.
All I have left to install is Flex a Lite dual fan System, and then I am of to, UpRev Dyno Tuning.
Here is the link for the Berk B-pipes.

http://www.berktechnology.com/store/sto ... ow-bpipes/

P.S. The O2 sensor Wires do not need to be extended. Just remove the plastic straps that hold them in place and they will extend to the new location. Don't forget to strap them into a new location. the exhaust shop didnot strap them, I almost started the engine with the wires resting on the exhaust pipe.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”