Engine Mod for 05 Pathy

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Pockets

Engine Mod for 05 Pathy

Postby Pockets » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Hey everybody. I am looking to start an engine mod project on my 05 pathy in an attempt to maximize horsepower and fuel economy. I'll post my plans and be giving results as I go. First, I'd like to list my intentions so anybody with feedback please respond. Thanks!

Volant CAI, JET Mass Air Sensor, JET Throttle Body Spacer, Custom Exhaust (Full Tilt Off Road San Clemente), NRG Ground Wire Kit, Greddy L9 Iridium Race Spark Plugs. Also upgrading to Bilstein 5100 Series shocks and BFG All-Terrains.

Please remember that my main goal here is power and overall engine efficiency. I take my truck off-road but not not looking for a big lift at all. Any suggestions or comments would be very much appreciated!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Sounds cool, but don't the AM MAFs boost performance and not economy? Usually you don't get both...

Pockets

Engine mod

Postby Pockets » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Very true but usually people don't see the fuel economy benefit because they put the pedal to the metal during everyday driving. My chick used to make fun of me because I'm a total granny during my normal day to day driving. She doesn't anymore because I brought her to the dunes and showed her what the pathy was all about! So in short, all the mods will significantly increase fuel economy when driving around town. Plus, the bully dog will help me keep an eye on the effects of all my mods. Glad I bought that first.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”