Rough Idle

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Pockets

Rough Idle

Postby Pockets » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:39 pm

So I've been noticing a vibration when my Pathy is idleing and I'm not sure whats cauding it. I put a bottle of techron in the last time I filled up and I'm 1/2 way through. feels a little better but still not good. There is a slight hiss near the intake as well. I'm about to add volant CAI and new mass air sensor with new plugs and wires but I want to make sure I'm ot missing anything. Advice?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Rough Idle

Postby eieio » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:39 am

Pockets wrote:So I've been noticing a vibration when my Pathy is idleing and I'm not sure whats cauding it. I put a bottle of techron in the last time I filled up and I'm 1/2 way through. feels a little better but still not good. There is a slight hiss near the intake as well. I'm about to add volant CAI and new mass air sensor with new plugs and wires but I want to make sure I'm ot missing anything. Advice?
the "slight hiss" may be a vaccum leak
my only advice at this point is to hold off any modifications until everything is good order :wink:

Pockets

Rough Idle

Postby Pockets » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Very wise.

Pockets

Rough Idle

Postby Pockets » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Almost through one tank of 91 with a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner and I'm a firm believer. The Pathy is purring like a mountain lion. Fixed the idle vibration completely.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:31 pm

I say Seafoam it and post on youtube! The black cloud will be seen for miles!

curvecrazy

Postby curvecrazy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Has anyone had problems doing a fuel treatment to a high mileage pathfinder like say 95K miles causing problems in the injectors due to the stuff in the fuel filter dissolving and going through the system? I have a po174 code going on. Used a dose of Lucas Fuel Treatment attempting to cure it and it ran great at first and the light went out. Then some miles later came back on again. Wondering if I got crud in my injectors?

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:29 am

I have had a rough idle since I bought it. It started about 1000miles into my ownership and I cannot get rid of it. I am on my third tank of seafoam (used it every 2000 miles) and it does not want to go away. I thought it might be bad gas that I picked up somewhere but that is not the case either. When I took it to the dealership the mechanic said it was normal. My foot. Why would you build a car in this day and age that rough idles?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”