NEW to the Forum !!!!!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

sixstring1

NEW to the Forum !!!!!

Postby sixstring1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 pm

:D :D :D :D So far I love the pathfinder !! The more I drive it the better it gets... I have a questions and it may be redundant please bare with me..I am VERY maintenance particular- In past vehicles I would change the oil at 300, then 600, then at 1k miles for break in then switch to mobil1 and change the oil every 3k.. What have any of you done during the break in process and also do you do your own oil changes? I prefer to do my own because I love my cars and want it done right (torque wrench) and wiped down clean, manufacturers filter and at exact levels--- Thank you in advance...

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Welcome to the forum. I purchased my pathfinder used with 17k miles. However I don't think you need to do the real small interval oil changes. I do my own oil changes as I can't see paying 60-80 for a synthetic oil change when I can do it for 25-35. Plus, I love working on my cars.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”