Lucas Oil Additive

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Rogue9

Lucas Oil Additive

Postby Rogue9 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Anyone use this stuff? the Regular oil stabilizer or the synthetic one?
any benefits aside from what it advertises?

I do oil changes at the dealership (yay lifetime oil changes) but I used to use full synthetic and KN filters on my car so I wanted to keep the Pathy doing well in the oil too.
Saving that much $$$ for a lifetime of oil changes was just too good a deal considering the amount I would spend on synthetic changes.
I figured 4X a year with dino oil would be good.
I'm just looking for that little bit of extra protection.

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Go with MotorKote instead.

Edit: Let’s see… the wife drove about 5 miles with a busted radiator hose on her Honda 2.2L & the idiot lights were ON. I was sure it was done for. Still driving it with no motor damage.

I use it also on my chain saw in the bar oil. Less heat generated and chain & bar last longer. Put a little in the gas/oil mix and it idles faster. That’s my story. I’m sold. Can Lucas match that?
Last edited by CPLTECH on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:28 am

The Lucas line of products are great. I've used multiple items, from the fuel injector cleaner, oil stablizer, and the power steering fluid. My brothers old prelude used to burn oil fast enough that he never had to do an oil change, just change the filter. I started using Lucas and he does not burn oil that much any more. It's a great product.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”