another water leak, but different.

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

silver x0ne

another water leak, but different.

Postby silver x0ne » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:23 am

I am posting this to see if anyone has any comments or thoughts concerning my problem. I bought my 2008 pathfinder used with about 42k miles 1-2 years ago. When I purchased this vehicle I immediately noticed a problem with water on the passenger floor, did a search, found the issue and took the car back to the salesman who promptly took care of the issue. Not even 3 weeks later did the problem return, had it looked at again and provided them the TSB information... they said everything was taken care of.

Fast forward to 2 months ago when I finally decided to take it back again after the issue resurfaced and figured I'd just pay out of pocket to get it taken care of. Dealer says ok, charges me $150 to reinstall tube (claims they cannot find where it was fixed when I bought it--guess the salesman did it under the table). Which is whatever, was willing to pay out of pocket, just fix my car.

Now we come to the big problem I'm having.... 3 days later my wife is driving, turns right and has what she describes as around 20oz of water soak her legs, shoes, and the carpet. Take car back to dealer explaining problem and they advise needing to replace the air conditioning core, for some odd reason Nissan decides they're going to pay $800 for the core and I need only pay the labor (minus my original cost for reinstalling the tube). I thought maybe one of the techs broke something and that was the dealers way of not admitting fault but covering their butts.

I sucked it up, paid my cash and they replaced it. Again, fast forward to another couple weeks, problem comes back... still having a ton of water drain out of the lower air vents randomly. Take it back "car operating as it should, no leaks or other problems found."

I am somewhat frustrated at this point, car is not under any warranty so I am paying out of pocket on it. Dealer told me if I bring it back when it happens again they'll look at it... but I'm not quite sure where that is going to get me other than the same answer I got today of "don't know what to tell you." Thankfully they are providing a loaner car and not charging me for anything else. Anyone had this problem?

Baedarlboo

Postby Baedarlboo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:42 am

Do you have the list of things that the dealer has been fixing every time it goes back in?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:04 am

Baedarlboo wrote:Do you have the list of things that the dealer has been fixing every time it goes back in?
good thought!
repair order documentation of the initial problem or complaint, determination, and parts & labor necessary, along with dates & mileages, can be very important in sorting out these situations, regardless of who is paying for it

silver x0ne

Postby silver x0ne » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:56 pm

Yes, I get a copy of all work done each time; this is standard practice.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:50 pm

silver x0ne wrote:Yes, I get a copy of all work done each time; this is standard practice.
good! :)

silver x0ne

Postby silver x0ne » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Just wanted to follow up, took it back to the dealer immediately upon it happening again and they removed the case, determined the replacement case was cracked just like the original was (starting to think they put the same case back in after they messed it up the first time)... don't mind my conspiracy theory. So far, no problems but it is winter now and we aren't using the a/c as much, good thing for a 12mo 12kmi warranty on the parts/labor. Time will tell.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 pm

It may be winter time, but your a/c should still come on if you ever use the defrost. You might just try running the defrost for awhile and see if the water comes back.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”