no heat untill moving

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

WhackMaster719

Postby WhackMaster719 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:01 am

I have no idea, which is why it goes/went to the dealer. Perhaps it is called something else exactly....

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 pm

I was thinking maybe water pump...

hamncheese

Re: no heat untill moving

Postby hamncheese » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:26 am

rtcaravan wrote:the wife let the 06 pathfinder warm up and defrost the windows this morning. she hopped in and and there was no heat but was at operating temp. she started moving and went about 20 yards and the heat started to come out. is this normal for these?
I just recently had the same problem. Took it to a local (not dealer) shop and all it needed was more coolant and a pressure test. All works fine now.

Hope this helps.. :D

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 am

hamncheese wrote:
rtcaravan wrote:the wife let the 06 pathfinder warm up and defrost the windows this morning. she hopped in and and there was no heat but was at operating temp. she started moving and went about 20 yards and the heat started to come out. is this normal for these?
I just recently had the same problem. Took it to a local (not dealer) shop and all it needed was more coolant and a pressure test. All works fine now.

How much did they charge you?

hamncheese

Postby hamncheese » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:58 am

webmastir wrote:
hamncheese wrote:

How much did they charge you?
$50.00 dollars out the door

webmastir

Postby webmastir » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:40 pm

wow...that's surprising from a dealer. i highly doubt any would do it that cheap in my area. oh well, worth asking around i suppose.

thx

hamncheese

Postby hamncheese » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:55 am

webmastir wrote:wow...that's surprising from a dealer. i highly doubt any would do it that cheap in my area. oh well, worth asking around i suppose.

thx
It wasn't a dealer, it was a local shop in my area.

:D

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”