gas mileage

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

2007pathy

gas mileage

Postby 2007pathy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi I know this has probably been beat to death but I will ask for opinions anyway. I am trying to gain the most mpg out of my wifes pathy. So far I have swithced to synthetic engine oil and did a bully dog tune. I have gained almost 2 mpg. I know that isn't great but I am happy with any gains. Anybody tried exhaust or cold air intake and had luck?

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:03 am

what size engine do you have and what mileage are you getting now? What type of driving do you typically do? The pathy is nearly a 2 1/2 ton body-on-frame SUV. Only so much can be done to improve mileage. I typically get 19 with mixed driving and 20-21 for all highway driving. I don't have any experience with exhaust or intake on a pathy so I can't comment on those.

95XE_PATHFINDER

Postby 95XE_PATHFINDER » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Actually yes there is a way to boast mpg buy a k&n air filter, change or soak your plugs in break cleaner for about 30 mins then let dry, also throw some sea foam into your gas tank (autozone) this will clean out all the build up in your injectors.. You can also apply sea foam into your vacuum line and your throttle body to achieve more power and mpg. I was getting about 15 now I'm getting around 20

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”