Strange Shifting since bypass

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Rotorian

Postby Rotorian » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Okay,

Looks like pull drain plug from square pan, drain, and refill, right?

Should take too long.

"Hey Maw, watch this"

:)

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 pm

PC05 wrote:Mine has been doing the same thing with shuddering at 60mph and will not up shift unless you mash the gas. Fluid is fine. Went to a tranny shop they told me to take it to dealer.
Did you take it to the dealer? I took mine to the dealer for it doing the shuddering at 40mph and they told me it was a sensor that is on the transmission shifter that is about $500.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:49 pm

1armyguy wrote:
PC05 wrote:Mine has been doing the same thing with shuddering at 60mph and will not up shift unless you mash the gas. Fluid is fine. Went to a tranny shop they told me to take it to dealer.
Did you take it to the dealer? I took mine to the dealer for it doing the shuddering at 40mph and they told me it was a sensor that is on the transmission shifter that is about $500.

I doubt it. Dealers seem to be ignorant of the trans problems on these trucks. most likely a contamination issue.

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:07 pm

disallow wrote:
1armyguy wrote:

I doubt it. Dealers seem to be ignorant of the trans problems on these trucks. most likely a contamination issue.
My Pathy only has 33K miles on it. Could that be the problem already? I will check the fluid and see if it looks contaminated.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 am

disallow wrote:I doubt it. Dealers seem to be ignorant of the trans problems on these trucks. most likely a contamination issue.
either they are ignorant of a very important extended warranty related issue or, more likely, they play ignorant as part of the customer run-around to avoid a very time consuming job that no doubt does not pay very well on a warranty claim :roll:
1armyguy wrote:My Pathy only has 33K miles on it. Could that be the problem already? I will check the fluid and see if it looks contaminated.
33K does seem quite low for a contamination problem, but not impossible
at that mileage, warranty should pay for it, which is even more reason to think you may be getting the run-around
that said, i can't remember anyone having a non-contamination problem with their transmission
anyone else encountered this issue at lower mileage figures?

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:44 pm

eieio wrote:
disallow wrote:I doubt it. Dealers seem to be ignorant of the trans problems on these trucks. most likely a contamination issue.
either they are ignorant of a very important extended warranty related issue or, more likely, they play ignorant as part of the customer run-around to avoid a very time consuming job that no doubt does not pay very well on a warranty claim :roll:
1armyguy wrote:My Pathy only has 33K miles on it. Could that be the problem already? I will check the fluid and see if it looks contaminated.
33K does seem quite low for a contamination problem, but not impossible
at that mileage, warranty should pay for it, which is even more reason to think you may be getting the run-around
that said, i can't remember anyone having a non-contamination problem with their transmission
anyone else encountered this issue at lower mileage figures?
I do know that they just love to charge the customer. I think I will look for a transmission cooler and do a flush and do a filter change as well. Hopefully it will help. Since they are saying it's not under warranty for the transmission shifter they are saying is the cause, I might as well go ahead and do the conversion myself and go from there in hopes to save quite a bit of money. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what cooler to get and where from? I have purchased a B&M for my jeep from Amozon for a good deal that worked really well. What size is recommended for lite towing of a utility trailer for about 6 hours a couple of times every year with no more then 1500lbs loaded on it?

Thanks for the help.

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:46 am

33k miles? thats like what 50,00KM roughly? Lowest i've heard is around 80,000Km. My trans died at just under 100,000KM (60,000 Miles) so at 33k? like others said, possible but unlikely

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:15 am

dared3vil00 wrote:33k miles? thats like what 50,00KM roughly? Lowest i've heard is around 80,000Km. My trans died at just under 100,000KM (60,000 Miles) so at 33k? like others said, possible but unlikely
That is what I was thinking. But, I know that dealers tell you one thing and if it doesn't fix the problem, then they tell you something else. Mine only does this at right arount 40mph. It's almost like it wants to shift into overdrive and lock up but, it's confused. According to the dealer, there is a sensor that is located on the shifter that controls that, that is bad. It hasn't done it at any other speed but, for $500 for just the part? I'm not sure.

Any other advice and or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:58 am

1armyguy wrote:Any other advice and or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
before you do anything else, no matter what anyone has told you, verify that your ATF is not coolant contaminated
because if it is, it's in Nissans lap, which is exactly where you want it to be at this point (should radiator failure/contamination be the case) :wink:

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:01 pm

1armyguy wrote:
That is what I was thinking. But, I know that dealers tell you one thing and if it doesn't fix the problem, then they tell you something else. Any other advice and or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
in any case of a repair authorization, you should always have a commitment from the repair facility that for the authorized amount, the problem will be solved

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:07 pm

eieio wrote:
1armyguy wrote:Any other advice and or assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.
before you do anything else, no matter what anyone has told you, verify that your ATF is not coolant contaminated
because if it is, it's in Nissans lap, which is exactly where you want it to be at this point (should radiator failure/contamination be the case) :wink:
Definitely will be doing that. Thanks again for the advice and suggestions. Keep them coming. Merry Christmas to everyone.

PC05

Postby PC05 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:33 pm

1armyguy wrote:
Taking it on Jan 2. That sounds like what it could be, its like it cant get back into a lower gear once computer tells it to and starts shuddering. If you keep it out of OD it doesn't shudder.

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:39 pm

PC05 wrote:
1armyguy wrote:
Taking it on Jan 2. That sounds like what it could be, its like it cant get back into a lower gear once computer tells it to and starts shuddering. If you keep it out of OD it doesn't shudder.
That's right, if I take it out of overdrive it doesn't do it anymore.

PC05

Postby PC05 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:33 pm

1armyguy wrote:
PC05 wrote:
1armyguy wrote: Did you take it to the dealer? I took mine to the dealer for it doing the shuddering at 40mph and they told me it was a sensor that is on the transmission shifter that is about $500.
That's right, if I take it out of overdrive it doesn't do it anymore.

DID the sensor fix it or still looking for solution?

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:42 pm

Still looking at options.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”