Diesel vs Gasoline key differences

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Dito

Diesel vs Gasoline key differences

Postby Dito » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 pm

i just have a quick question...
Does anyone knows the key differences aside from the engine between the diesel and gas versions? Weight, suspension,transmission,

My main concern is that i intalled bilstein height adjustable up front stock springs and in the back bilsteins with stock springs with teflon spacers and when i hit above 120 km/h (about 70 miles/hour) the car wabbles horrible from side to side until i reduce the speed.

Any ideas? im thinking that the bilstein setup was designed for the gasoline version being heavier than mine. Also up front the uca keeps clanking with the coil bucket and the rear bottoming out when i hit a speed bump going over than 10 miles/hour
My tires are 285/70/17 stock rims

Thanks in advanced fellas

Gumby

Diesel or Petrol

Postby Gumby » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:15 am

In Australia they have dropped the petrol versions altogether. Since the 05 model I believe there have been three different diesel motors available;
2.5 litre 130kw, 2.5 litre 140kw and the 3.0 litre 170kw. There was a 4.0 litre V6 Petrol available up until late 2010 but it has been axed since.

I don't think there is any difference to the suspension set up between the petrol and diesel here though I note that there are V8 versions available in the USA and elsewhere so that setup might be different.

I would think that your problem is with your new setup. You can get the Tough Dog Suspension kit online from Australia. It gives you a claimed 40mm lift (though in mine it seemed to be closer to 50mm) and adjustable shocks. The setup is well sorted and I have had it in my previous R50 and now in my current R51.

My truck is very stable at high speeds and if anything handles better than the original suspension setup.

Gumby

One further thing

Postby Gumby » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:18 am

We also put Poly Airbags in the rear which run at 5psi when the truck is unladen or at 30psi when the truck is towing or loaded or both. They also make a difference by leveling the back end with the front.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”