Intermittent Problems

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Madcow

Intermittent Problems

Postby Madcow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am

We have a 2009 with about 60,000 miles on it.

We have to intermittent problems that we cannot duplicate. And we want this fixed before out extended warranty runs out which is 75,000 miles.

1) Cruise Control - You can set it to 60mph and sometimes on a flat stretch of road it will slow down to 50mph....stay there for a couple minutes and then go back to 60mph. Not pulling anything and no loads, hills or anything.

2) Windows Go down - We can come out the the vehicle and all the windows will be down, no key in the ignition. Sometime all windows, sometimes just one window. This has happed a few times in the last 2 weeks. (This problem just started happening in the last 2 weeks)

The Nissan dealer is baffled and cannot find anything.

Anyone have any ideas?

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:13 am

For the cruise control no idea. As for your windows, do you carry your keys in your pocket or a purse man satchel etc? If so then you might be holding the unlock button which lowers my windows if I just hold it down.

Madcow

Postby Madcow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 am

Been carrying the keys the same way for 3 years.

The problem just started. they can be sitting on the desk and i go out to the car and the windows are down.

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Tech!

mar1
Sponsored Member

Re: Intermittent Problems

Postby mar1 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Madcow wrote: 2) Windows Go down - We can come out the the vehicle and all the windows will be down, no key in the ignition. Sometime all windows, sometimes just one window. This has happed a few times in the last 2 weeks. (This problem just started happening in the last 2 weeks)
had the same problem when i "accidentally" washed my remote. opened it up, cleaned and dried it, problem went away. most probly caused by unlock button getting stuck or pushed more than 3 seconds as stated above.
whats wierd though is that the windows open at the same time, and you are saying that sometimes only 1 opens up. might not be the remote.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Intermittent Problems

Postby NVSteve » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Madcow wrote: 1) Cruise Control - You can set it to 60mph and sometimes on a flat stretch of road it will slow down to 50mph....stay there for a couple minutes and then go back to 60mph. Not pulling anything and no loads, hills or anything.
I've never had it in cruise at that low of a speed, so I can't offer much of anything except to ask if it works for you at higher speeds like 70+?
2) Windows Go down - We can come out the the vehicle and all the windows will be down, no key in the ignition. Sometime all windows, sometimes just one window. This has happed a few times in the last 2 weeks. (This problem just started happening in the last 2 weeks)
I've had that happen to me a few times and it was always due to the fob. That's why I don't keep it in my pockets at home or work. When was the last time you changed the battery in it? When you lock/unlock the doors with the fob, does it do either instantly like it should? Have you disconnected the car battery lately? Does your '09 have the LCD display?

tntitan

Postby tntitan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:18 am

Thanks for this post. I just bought my 08 a month ago and have been on these forums religiously. Until I read these posts yesterday, I had know idea our trucks had the feature to roll down windows by holding the unlock button on the fob. I thought it was pretty cool until I walked to my pathy last night only to discover my windows were inadvertently rolled down......while it had been raining heavily all afternoon. I have a soaked truck but at least I know why. I guess I'm thankful I dont have leather.

I really do appreciate the knowledge information shared on this forum.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 pm

dont use the cruise control in my 06 too much, always keep set speed pretty consistent

as for the windows, my wife dropped her keyfob in some coffee a few month ago and it gummed it up good. Never had the windows go down, but it would lock and unlock by itselt and the horn would chirp. I dried to clean and dry it but just wound up ordering the exact same fob from Amazon for $30 and problem solved.

will the auto window rolldown feature work in the 06?

Tech

Postby Tech » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

I'd go with the fob theory - especially if both down. The other possibility is the BCM. If your dealer connects the consult II or III and goes into BCM>Remote>data monitor or something similar, you can actually see the signals recieved and subsequent output (to the windows). If you suspect one of the fobs, have them watch data monitor and play with the fob, see if you can get it to stick. Also try changing the battery fist. cr2025. It's a common complaint - I have yet to see one that wasn't the fob, but still gotta prove it every time! ;)

As for the cruise, it might just be reacting slow because the engine load is low. If it reacted too fast with low engine load, it would be jerky, if it reacted slow with high load, it would fall out of the power "band". I've also noticed it bahaves oddly if you're at the point that there would be a gear change if your were not in cruise. No idea why. more so on 2008. If you've had any TB service or junk like that, make sure your closed throttle and IAVL are right. These can also be checked with your dealer. They shoulda done both in the first 15min they had your truck....Lemme know how it works out!

Madcow

Postby Madcow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 am

Well the Nissan dealer spent a whole day looking into this and couldnt find anything.

Then one of the techs mentioned he has seen this problem when the master window switch in the door got wet.

So looked and there was no sign of moisture so they replaced it because they think it might be low level shorting causing this to happens.

Car was fixed a few days ago and it hasn't happened since.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Hopefully that was the fix. Report back in a couple weeks to let us know what happens.

How is the cruise working? Is that fixed yet? Sounds to me like a possible leak with the cruise control servo (spelling).

Tech

Postby Tech » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 pm

no servo to leak on ETB....It's ECM/BCM/TCM controlled

Hopefully your windows are good, although, there is no function to automatically lower both windows equally on the master switch. That signal comes from your BCM which is also the reciever for your fobs, in place of what used to be the SMECU. I think what that tech might be thinking of is the Armada window switch issues....in any case, hope that all works out!

Madcow

Postby Madcow » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:47 am

Still no more window issues, been 2 weeks.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”