Who's getting a new transmission??

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

glockshooter

Who's getting a new transmission??

Postby glockshooter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:45 pm

and a new radiator under warranty? That's right, this guy. Thought it was a torque converter shudder, dealer called me after lunch and said next week for a new transmission due to radiator contamination. Never did the bypass, up to last week the fluids were both clean and clear. Today I pulled the radiator cap and had a shamrock shake.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm

What year is your Pathy?

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:28 pm

I got a new one... Had to pay for it out of my own pocket however.

glockshooter

Postby glockshooter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:06 pm

2007 with 60k miles.

glockshooter

Postby glockshooter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 am

For those that have had the transmission replaced due to the radiator issue, what kind of coolant flush was done? I've got to imagine a milkshake in the cooling system doesn't do it much good. Is it standard practice to do that or am I looking for issues down the road?

CPLTECH

Re: Who's getting a new transmission??

Postby CPLTECH » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 pm

glockshooter wrote:and a new radiator under warranty? That's right, this guy. Thought it was a torque converter shudder, dealer called me after lunch and said next week for a new transmission due to radiator contamination. Never did the bypass, up to last week the fluids were both clean and clear. Today I pulled the radiator cap and had a shamrock shake.
My take on this comment is that once contamination happens, the damage is done. So if out of extended warranty, plan to do something quick to the radiator. Seems a replacement radiator for a known problem becomes a wise investment.

deserter

Postby deserter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:55 pm

dared3vil00 wrote:I got a new one... Had to pay for it out of my own pocket however.
the litrature for the extended warranty mentions reimbursment for people who had paid to have the repair done before the extension was issued???

PC05

Postby PC05 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:56 pm

I have just had this done by the dealer. 76k miles but it started giving us problems at 62k. Did a flush and fill and went away for awhile but came back and we drove it probably 8k miles shifting hard then the shuddering started at all speeds. Took it in, all they did was look in radiator and said your getting a new tranny and all associated parts. I asked if they will do a flush of the cooling system and they said that they most assuredly perform that to make sure system is free of tranny fluid.

glockshooter

Re: Who's getting a new transmission??

Postby glockshooter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:25 pm

CPLTECH wrote: My take on this comment is that once contamination happens, the damage is done. So if out of extended warranty, plan to do something quick to the radiator. Seems a replacement radiator for a known problem becomes a wise investment.
Thankfully still under the extended drivetrain warranty, and the extended radiator warranty. I checked the coolant at least once a month since I had it, always bright green. I had it at the dealer 2 or 3 weeks ago, for the same shudder. the coolant was green and the transmission fluid was dark, they said it was almost burnt. I can only assume it was leaking but not showing up?

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 pm

deserter wrote:
dared3vil00 wrote:I got a new one... Had to pay for it out of my own pocket however.
the litrature for the extended warranty mentions reimbursment for people who had paid to have the repair done before the extension was issued???
Well i thought so too. I had been in discussions with a Nissan rep for over a year. They just keep running around the block figuring after well over a year i would drop it. it worked. The final bill was almost 65% of what i paid for the truck. However the majority of that was attributed to a Nissan dealer who HUGELY screwed up and wouldn't cover the cost of THEIR mistakes.
A couple lawyers said i should sue the dealer and Nissan but we all know how good corporations are at dragging lawsuits well past the financial limits of normal people.

deserter

Postby deserter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:08 am

really sorry to hear how much trouble you have had, I've just had a nightmare with VW, CAMVAP got me sorted out and more importantly got them to pull their finger out,

why don't you speak to them see if they can do anything?

dared3vil00

Postby dared3vil00 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Hmm... I never thought of that, do you think it would be too late? it's been about a year and a half now since i was having the troubles.

deserter

Postby deserter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 am

only one way to find out, their website is really good and informative, also when I called the Lady was really helpful and nice.

glockshooter

Postby glockshooter » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Well, after 2 days of driving a Juke, got the pathfinder back today. New radiator and transmission, coolant flush and all. Drives well, a welcome change from that rollerskate of a car.
From clear fluids to shot in 2 weeks.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Glad you got the pathfinder back and that it's running like it's supposed to

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”