Throttle body spacer

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Throttle body spacer

Postby NVSteve » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:55 am

Just in case you might be thinking of one, here are some comments from various Frontier & Xterra forums:

"honestly..just give me the money and ill punch you in the nuts."

"you'll get more hp with a nismo sticker."

"they do not work what so ever!!! they just make your intake whissle!!!" -has one installed, according to his sig.

"save your money and buy something else!!"

"they are good for 2 things, a great paper weight on your desk, 2 a place to drill and tap in a nitrous or CO2 nozzle."

"Yeah pretty useless, but it's a cool looking shiny thing to put under your hood . But seriously, save your money and get something else. I still have one on, but it didn't give me power, mpg, or better throttle response."

"The Titan guys swear by them, so who knows. I had one and couldn't tell the difference either way. Sold it on eBay for $50."

"The whistle is cool for the first 5 minutes, then you realize the you spent 15 minutes installing it, for what, a whistle? Then you think...how much did this cost? What was the gain? How did it sound? Wow, I just bought a whistle for a lot more than a buck!!!"

"it doesn't do anything but make your wallet lighter. lighter weight = faster."

"lol this thread is amazing..... Im going out to weld a folgers can to my exhaust for more power right now.... will post up later..... Might add some tuna cans to the intake for a similar effect"

"Look at all the suckers who BUY these things.
There's a TON of people who WANT them to work, just like they want the other magic mods to work.
People tend to believe what they WANT to believe, and to discount contradictory info.
Its EASY to prove to them that what they WANT TO BELIEVE is true, its almost IMPOSSIBLE to prove to them that what they WANT TO BELIEVE is false.
Its human nature."

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:53 am

Lol thanks Steve.I was still debating on buying this.guess you've opened my eyes lol.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 pm

Best answer...

Honesty can hurt. :lol:

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm

volvite wrote:Best answer...

Honesty can hurt. :lol:
at least he'll make the same whining sound as the spacer

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:19 am

:lol: LMAO! :lol:

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:04 pm

And NO, I didn't just arbitrarily come up with this post out of the blue. I was actually looking for any kind of user info from those who have installed the intake manifold spacer, but all I found were people selling them & lots of threads dealing with the throttle body spacer. One guy keeps advertising the manifold spacer on our site & I wanted to see for myself all of the forum posts he keeps mentioning. No luck.

08SEME

Postby 08SEME » Sun May 13, 2012 9:28 am

There are a bunch of guys on thenewx.org who run the XTP Intake manifold spacer. There is proof behind the XTP IMS-
Peak gains of 8hp @ 5600rpm and torque of 23ft/lbs. @ 4400rpm,
with considerable gains between 3600-4800 rpm of 23hp increase & torque 33ft/lbs.

I would stay as far away from a throttle body spacer as you can. The only benefit to it is to keep the intake, cooler by not transferring the engines heat.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”