Oil pressure gauge

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

XiBowhunter

Oil pressure gauge

Postby XiBowhunter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 am

The oil pressure gauge on my 2005 goes all the way to "H" on start-up, and never moves from that position. I have checked the oil level, and it seems to be normal, and I don't have a service engine light on or anything out of the normal happening that I am aware of.

Is there a problem with my gauge, or could it be some other issue?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am

Same thing on my 05. The sensor is shot.

You can get one from Rockauto for about $60. Make sure you get the right one. After 05, they changed to a 'dummy' type gauge that only has 2 wires, but the sensor on your 05 has 3 wires and a different connector.

Very easy to do. I had my pressure checked when my gauge went squirrely just to be sure it wasn't an engine issue. Now that I know the symptoms I am very confident that you don't have an issue with your engine, its the sensor.

Haven't gotten around to doing mine yet though.

t

XiBowhunter

Postby XiBowhunter » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:30 am

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to get to looking into a new now I guess.

deermjd

Postby deermjd » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:21 am

I had the same problem recently. It's more than likely the oil pressure sending unit. I'd recommend going with OEM. I got mine from factorynissanparts.com. About $60 if I remember correctly. Be sure to use some RTV sealant when you install the new sensor.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”