throttle body

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

cormay1230

throttle body

Postby cormay1230 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:39 pm

I have a 08 pathfinder with the 4.0. When I stop at a red light it will idle ruff for a brief second then smooth back out. If you sit long enough at the light it will do again. It feels like its idleing down to low when the ac kicks on. I was told that it sounded like the throttle body was dirty so I have cleaned and had it cleaned plus 2 fuel injection flushes and it still does it. Today I was told bu a local shop that the throttle body needs yo be replaced cause all of the iac and tps sensors were built inside of it and that this would be the only way to fix it. Has anyone had any problems with this or does this sound right. Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:40 pm

With a Consult II or similarly capable generic scan tool, the idle air volume can be relearned and the target idle can be adjusted, as well. I would recommend this before replacing a throttle body. A lot of times after cleaning the throttle body an IAV relearn must be performed.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”