Bad Starting of 2005 dci Pathifnder

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

davidcrawford1982

Bad Starting of 2005 dci Pathifnder

Postby davidcrawford1982 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:42 am

Hi - The problem i've got is that my 2005 2.5 diesel pathy does not like to start very well. I've had a new battery and new glow plugs but to no avail. It will take around 5 seconds to start, then will some of the time idle rough and stall. I've had a local garage take a look and the can't seem to put a finger on the issue.

Your help will be much appreciated -thanks :)

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 am

Glad you found us, but to be honest, most on the forum are from North America. Perhaps a section should be made for global diesels to accommodate others. Diesel questions do pop up occasionally.

I would think that if Nissan would offer a diesel alternative on this side of the pond, it would sell well, but the powers that be must be squishing those thoughts. Sadly, we over here must be content with the poor performance/economy of ethanol laced gasoline.

Check with the good folks from the “Land of Oz” down under at: http://www.pcoa.org.au/forum/index.php

davidcrawford1982

Postby davidcrawford1982 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks for your reply. I will try them down-under

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”