Maintenance,cleaned throttle body, etc.. Service light on

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

only1path

Maintenance,cleaned throttle body, etc.. Service light on

Postby only1path » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I did a routine maintenance (oil change, new spark plugs, K&N air fiter, cleaned throttle body with the TB cleaner). Today, my car had signs of irregular idling. I feel the car/rpm surge as im pressing the brakes. went to the dealership, I have a code DTC P0507 ISC SYSTEM. I need help or need any suggestions.. Ive Been searching around and Idle relearn sounds like the cheap solution. Please advice

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Cleaning the throttle body is a common cause of this problem and the code is consistant with this issue on these "throttle by wire" systems. The code should be erased and an idle air volume relearn procedure needs to be performed. This is easiest performed with a capable scantool as there are a number of parameters that must be in range before the procedure can be performed. There is a manual procedure, but it's a bit of a pain. There is a link to a downloadable service manual on this site that will have the procedure.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”