50-state emission on the V8?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

algedi

50-state emission on the V8?

Postby algedi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm looking at buying a used LE 4WD V8 out of state and registering it in California. I've searched the web and this forum, and haven't found the answer yet. Do all the V8 Pathfinders have 50-state emissions? Or will I find a 49-state emission by buying a non-California model?

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to the new truck.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Not sure I can answer your question, but what I can tell you is, I love my 08 V8 Pathfinder.

algedi

Postby algedi » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Actually, volvite, you can provide a little insight since you have an non-CA V8 (assuming it wasn't originally purchased in CA).. If you look under your hood and read the emissions sticker, it should have some verbiage about 'meets federal requirements, yadda yadda, and california requirements'.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:21 am

There are several states that have adopted California emissions standards, not just California. Those states include: NY, ME, MA, PA, RI, CT, VT. For this reason, CA emission certified vehicles can be found in any of those states, as well as in areas of some states that border those states. The best way to make sure a vehicle meets CA emission standards is to look at the sticker under the hood to see if it is certified for "Federal" or "California" emissions.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:45 am

smj999smj wrote:There are several states that have adopted California emissions standards, not just California. Those states include: NY, ME, MA, PA, RI, CT, VT. For this reason, CA emission certified vehicles can be found in any of those states, as well as in areas of some states that border those states. The best way to make sure a vehicle meets CA emission standards is to look at the sticker under the hood to see if it is certified for "Federal" or "California" emissions.
You forgot WA, NJ, MD, NM (starting with MY2011), and OR, as well as the DC.

Source: I buy engines for CARB states... :)

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:42 am

Here is what the sticker says under my hood:

This vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA regulations applicable to gasoline-fueled 2008 model year new tier2 bins light-duty trucks and california regulations applicable to gasoline-fueled 2008 model year new lev2-Lev light-duty trucks

I'm the second owner and am unsure where my vehicle was originally purchased. I purchased my 08 in Utah Feb 2011. Hope this helps.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”