4.0 Engine

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

dawgn86

4.0 Engine

Postby dawgn86 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Folks, I know this isnt really the right forum to ask, but I know I will get some helpful insight.

I test drove a Nissan Frontier today 2006 Auto with the 4.0 engine. ..same engine as my PF. I didnt get a change to look at the coolant as the engine was warm when I got there...truck has 87k miles..clean as a pin

question...does this truck automatically come with a trans cooler from the factory? forgot to look

while driving, noticed at lower speeds it felt like tire was out of balance..sort of a rumbling feel...my PF does it too but my Rad is bypassed and I know I have clean ATF fluid and its not mixing.

any thoughts?

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 am

It for sure comes with the 'in-radiator' cooler that everyone seems to be having issues with. Whether it has the external air-oil cooler is a good question. I want to say yes, the V6 in North America automatically comes with that.

I'll troll ClubFrontier over the next couple days to confirm, but I'm pretty sure they have it, as they talk about the bypass alot. And you can't have an auto transmission without any cooling whatsoever.

t

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”