Rough Idle

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

silverpath

Rough Idle

Postby silverpath » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:11 am

Has anyone experience this? I only have 37K miles on my path and it seems that when stoped at a light, or on park, the idle is rough and the truck shakes. I can tell that the RPM is slightly above 500, and when I first got it, the RPM on idle is around 800. Seems to soon for a tune up wouldn't you agree? Anyhow, I have 30K service coming up and hopefully they will be able to fix the issue.

--btw, this all happend right after the install of the Airlift 1000.

cgray

Postby cgray » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:41 am

This seems unrelated to the Airlift 1000 install.

When was the last time you ran injector cleaner through a tank of gas? Any chance you got a bad tank of gas that had water in it? How often do you clean / replace the air filter? Is there a mouse nest in your air box? Are all the fittings on the intake tight? Is the Mass Flow Sensor dirty? Is it spitting out any check engine lights?

Start with the easy stuff and work your way up to the harder things.

Rickybunz

Re: Rough Idle

Postby Rickybunz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm

silverpath wrote:Has anyone experience this? I only have 37K miles on my path and it seems that when stoped at a light, or on park, the idle is rough and the truck shakes. I can tell that the RPM is slightly above 500, and when I first got it, the RPM on idle is around 800. Seems to soon for a tune up wouldn't you agree? Anyhow, I have 30K service coming up and hopefully they will be able to fix the issue.

--btw, this all happend right after the install of the Airlift 1000.
I think there is an Idle issue with Nissans in general..

silverpath

Postby silverpath » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:25 pm

just came back from 30K service and they also did an idle re-learn. now the idle is at 800rpm and as smooth as it can be. When the AC is kicking in, it doesn't shake anymore. also, when the car relaxes when stopped, the idle stays at 800, when before it went close to 500. what a relief!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”