Dual electric Cooling fans System

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks Finchum.
It has been a year now since the install and I have not had any problems with the setup at all.
The brain module does what its suppose to do, constantly monitoring and adjusting speed. turning the fans on and off. and I monitor the temperature on my Android tablet all the time, no issue with it at all.
and you can see in the pictures that I mounted it post radiator and fan shraud, as the flex a lite recommends.
There was a guy that did this mod to his Titan and he stated that he had an issues with the control module overheating and not working properly, and he even had it mounted in front of the radiator between the radiator and the front grill. Maybe the module has been upgrade since to a better one, he did his install 5/6 years ago. Don't know but all is well on my end.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:46 pm

where does the 'brain' get its temp signal from? I've heard some flexalite kits use a thermocouple that gets put into the rad fins. On others I've heard you have to run a wire and drill into your intake manifold.

forgottenzone

Postby forgottenzone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Yes. I have a thermocouple in the top part of the radiator close to the top radiator hose.
But I use my android galaxy 2 with torque app that connects to ECU live data threw blue tooth OBD 2 adapter. I use the ECU coolant temperature real time information data gauge to adjust to the fan cotrol module to the temperature I want. And it has been working great.

forgottenzone

200 amp Alternator.

Postby forgottenzone » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:05 pm

I would also recomend to upgrade to 200 amp alternator. my oem was having hard time keeping up with running the fans and all other stuff and charging the battery. You can see the voltage gauge drop when the fans turn on. My battery never had problems. Maybe because I have the odessey extreme battery...
I used 200 amp plug and play replacemement. It was around $350.
Also there is no need to upgrade the positive cables. The oem can handle the 200 amps.
The voltage stays steady now no mater what accesories I use.
If anyone needs the alternator information. I can find the link to the website I got it from.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”