After Market radiator replacement - brand suggestions please

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

goodmatt78

After Market radiator replacement - brand suggestions please

Postby goodmatt78 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:15 am

I have an 2008 PF with V8 and 81K miles.

I am looking to replace the stock radiator as preventative measure and do not want to bypass after reading this:

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30287

I was originally going with bypass + 2nd external, but now I just want to replace the OE radiator with a good aftermarket.

What brands are suggested and/or companies should I purchase from?

I notice a lot are plastic bodied oil coolers and/or plastic tanks.

Thanks.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 am

I'm considering the same for my '08 with 85k miles. I started another thread a couple weeks back regarding the bypass on the 2008+ models but in the mean time I've decided against the bypass. Someone there recommended Spectra Premium radiators. However when looking at their application charts and several retailers info, I don't believe you will end up with the proper radiator. They show the same part number for all 2005+ Pathfinders however the 2008+ clearly have different connection points. They get $270 for that radiator at Autozone. Courtesy Nissan has an OEM radiator for $420 and I think a few extra bucks is worth knowing I get the right part that will bolt in exactly right. The Nissan radiator is supposed to be updated and regardless another 5 years/100k miles it probably won't matter.

goodmatt78

Postby goodmatt78 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 am

I would have to confirm somehow that the Nissan Radiator is infact fixed....versus something that has been on the shelf a while. I'm not sure finding that answer will be easy.

I have been looking into Koyo.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 am

goodmatt78 wrote:I would have to confirm somehow that the Nissan Radiator is infact fixed....versus something that has been on the shelf a while. I'm not sure finding that answer will be easy.

I have been looking into Koyo.
The updated Rads have a different part/serial number. There's a post around here somewhere...with some pics. Around 2010-2011 they updated them. No promise some aftermarket couldn't have the same issue.

I notice Koyo also shows '05+ application which is not correct without some sort of mods on the transmission lines in particular on the '08+ models.

goodmatt78

Postby goodmatt78 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:42 am

gotcha....I am looking to swap them out over my x-mas break, so hopefully with the warranty notice it will spark some additional coversation before then.

Yeah, the 08+ have the trans cooler lines across the bottom...inlet on passenger side and outlet on drivers side.

If you find the new P/N...post it up here....thanks.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”