fuel pump recall??

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

fuel pump recall??

Postby NVSteve » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Has anyone heard of this in the US?

http://pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php? ... d26c5e7c2a

I don't have my login for nissanhelp.com at work, otherwise I'd have a look.

SilverGhost

Re: fuel pump recall??

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:41 pm

NVSteve wrote:Has anyone heard of this in the US?

http://pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php? ... d26c5e7c2a

I don't have my login for nissanhelp.com at work, otherwise I'd have a look.
I've heard nothing. I have a NissanHelp login, but what am I supposed to be looking for? (sorry, happy hour has begun, already - we're hard-core in Houston, and I know personally that H/H is usually verbotten in SLC!!). 8)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:47 pm

SilverGhost wrote: I've heard nothing. I have a NissanHelp login, but what am I supposed to be looking for? (sorry, happy hour has begun, already - we're hard-core in Houston, and I know personally that H/H is usually verbotten in SLC!!). 8)
I just logged in and nothing is listed. I looked under the service bulletin & recalls tabs, but nada.

And yes, we most certainly do have happy hour in SLC. It pretty much runs from 5am-10pm, every Sunday of the year! Not exactly my kind of happy hour though-too preachy.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:06 pm

NVSteve wrote:And yes, we most certainly do have happy hour in SLC. It pretty much runs from 5am-10pm, every Sunday of the year! Not exactly my kind of happy hour though-too preachy.
Only on Sundays? I know I'm hijacking this thread, but you gotta PM me and tell me where those places are before I come up there next time (prolly June/July). Hell, I'll even buy you a round! I love the area, but the culture sometimes leaves this heathen speachless.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:58 pm

SilverGhost wrote: Only on Sundays? I know I'm hijacking this thread, but you gotta PM me and tell me where those places are before I come up there next time (prolly June/July). Hell, I'll even buy you a round! I love the area, but the culture sometimes leaves this heathen speachless.
I was going to PM you, but I figured I should be straight up with everyone. When speaking of SLC, or just Utah in general, everything I say is riddled with sarcasm. I try to be somewhat vague in fear of ruffling someone's feathers. In all honesty, there are tons of clubs and bars here, all of which you have to be a "member" of to walk through the door. But, if you head someowhere for a drink around 10pm, you'll only have a couple of hours to do so before last call.

I'll have a drink while eating out somewhere, but I don't go to bars here. One of the last times I went to a club, one of the idiot Jazz players was in front of me. He was wearing a baseball cap & walked right in. I tried to get in & they barred my way, saying I couldn't come in with a hat. I tried arguing that they had just let in a certain Jazz player, with the mentality of a 12 year old, so what gives. Anyway, sorry for really throwing off the subject of this thread! I'll PM from now on.
Last edited by NVSteve on Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:23 pm

I haven't heard of this yet in the US but I was following some of the AU posts about the petrol Pathy's being ridiculously off when the tank is indicating empty. I understand that car manu's have built in "measures" that make it seem like we're out of gas when we really have a reserve and that the first 1/4 tank of gas takes longer to go through than the last quarter. I get why but I wish it didn't exist.

That being said I know when my path says "empty" I've got around 4 gallons in the tank still. Sure would be nice to be notified when it's down to the 8-9L like the AU guys. But still, I know my fuel economy so whatever, I just watch the mileage.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Thank you Steve, did you read if the recall was on the diesel or gasoline PF fuel pump. A part number for comparision would be great.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Greybrick wrote:
Thank you Steve, did you read if the recall was on the diesel or gasoline PF fuel pump. A part number for comparision would be great.

Well, the guy who posted this up on the PCoA forum has the petrol R51. There aren't any other posts yet from anyone else to confirm if or if not it's strictly limited to the petrol, but I'd imagine it is.

I'm with blink on this one. I know the behavior of the fuel gauge pretty well at this point. Even if they did have a recall in the US, I doubt I would take it in. Every trip to the dealer just seems to open new doors to new problems (speaking of past vehicles, of course).

4xponder

Postby 4xponder » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:51 pm

This is a problem that quite a few of us have had with the petrol models

I have a 80 liter fuel tank yet the low fuel light would come on after i had used about 45 liters so you would tended to rely on the trip meter rather than the fuel gauge.
After repetitive complainants to Nissan the fuel sender unit was replaced late last year, I was told that it was being replaced as part of a trial program as a fix for this problem. I was also told that I was the fourth Petrol vehicle at this dealer to have this done. I am not aware of any diesel models that have had this.
I was lead to beleave that Nissan did not want to put this out as a general recall and were only addressing the owners that had been complaining to Nissan.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”