Would you buy again??

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

mforce

Postby mforce » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:05 pm

The dealer is taking care of everything. The temp gauge is bad and that is being replaced. The charcoal canister seems to be bad as well. But the good thing is this $1000 bill is being done by the selling dealer. Thank you Lord!!!

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:22 pm

mforce wrote:The dealer is taking care of everything. The temp gauge is bad and that is being replaced. The charcoal canister seems to be bad as well. But the good thing is this $1000 bill is being done by the selling dealer. Thank you Lord!!!
That's great! Sounds like a stand-up place.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Sounds like a great dealership!

I would recommend making yourself familiar with the service manual because the Pathfinder needs a little bit of regular TLC around this age and mileage. For me it was a check engine light one week, then a TPM sensor the next week, then the fuel pump two weeks later, then a U joint and so on. Not huge repairs but repairs that will drain $200-$400 and a weekend in your garage. You'll save yourself a ton of money by doing these things yourself.

mforce

Postby mforce » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:38 pm

DanJetta wrote:Sounds like a great dealership!

I would recommend making yourself familiar with the service manual because the Pathfinder needs a little bit of regular TLC around this age and mileage. For me it was a check engine light one week, then a TPM sensor the next week, then the fuel pump two weeks later, then a U joint and so on. Not huge repairs but repairs that will drain $200-$400 and a weekend in your garage. You'll save yourself a ton of money by doing these things yourself.

Well I will say that if it is truly this bad....It will find a new home. I am not able to have the payment of it plus $200 a month for upkeep. That would be a very steep upkeep for a vehicle. Shoot every my Cobra I had and raced did not do that much upkeep to me! Yes, it is a very stand up dealership. I have bought around 7 vehicles from them.

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:29 am

mforce wrote:
Well I will say that if it is truly this bad....It will find a new home. I am not able to have the payment of it plus $200 a month for upkeep. That would be a very steep upkeep for a vehicle. Shoot every my Cobra I had and raced did not do that much upkeep to me! Yes, it is a very stand up dealership. I have bought around 7 vehicles from them.
It's far from monthly. Most of those things are a once in a long, long while affair. TPMS sensors last years, as do U-joints typically. Those are also things that aren't uncommon for other vehicles anyway.

I sometimes feel burned by everything I went through with my truck, but now that it's "over" and paid for it's pretty solid and I don't worry about it.

mforce

Postby mforce » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:11 am

ShipFixer wrote:
mforce wrote:

It's far from monthly. Most of those things are a once in a long, long while affair. TPMS sensors last years, as do U-joints typically. Those are also things that aren't uncommon for other vehicles anyway.

I sometimes feel burned by everything I went through with my truck, but now that it's "over" and paid for it's pretty solid and I don't worry about it.
That is great news. We really do like it so far! I mean we have only had for 3 days before it went into the shop. But at least it is getting fixed. Our dealer here in the automall really is doing a great job for us. I am glad that it is getting done right so that hopefully I don't have to worry about anything. It was a blessing of things happening when they did. And since the radiator and tranny was done 14,000 miles ago (09) I feel that we have a long life ahead.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:49 am

skinny2 wrote:
mforce wrote: Now I have many long miles ahead of us!!!!
Maybe....realize the radiators were not updated to the non-problematic ones until 2011. So that 2009 radiator is probably also a potential problem. I would still do the bypass, but the rest is clearly good news.
if "skinny2" is right about this, I second the motion on by-pass or radiator replacement
I sure wouldn't want to take the chance on a repair that will cost half a much as your purchase price of the truck :wink:

mforce

Postby mforce » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:44 pm

eieio wrote:
skinny2 wrote:
mforce wrote: Now I have many long miles ahead of us!!!!
Maybe....realize the radiators were not updated to the non-problematic ones until 2011. So that 2009 radiator is probably also a potential problem. I would still do the bypass, but the rest is clearly good news.
if "skinny2" is right about this, I second the motion on by-pass or radiator replacement
I sure wouldn't want to take the chance on a repair that will cost half a much as your purchase price of the truck :wink:
But I thought that the 21460-ZL11A is the replacement radiator for them. I was reading on the frontier forums that the ZL11A is supposed to be the good one? Is that not correct?

ShipFixer

Postby ShipFixer » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:12 am

I think it's the "correct" one. Mine was replaced in 2010 I think, and that's the part number I have. When this last came up on the forum that was the latest known "good" part number.

Not sure where 2011 came from...

Still, the bypass is cheap insurance!

mforce

Postby mforce » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:14 am

ShipFixer wrote:I think it's the "correct" one. Mine was replaced in 2010 I think, and that's the part number I have. When this last came up on the forum that was the latest known "good" part number.

I thought about the bypass but if I don't have to and the ZL11A is the latest and greatest I would think that we should not need the bypass anymore?! I was wondering when that part number came and I have searched high and low to find that out.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:19 am

I don't recall Nissan ever coming out and saying 'these old part numbers are bad and this new part number is good'. The part numbers come from observations of what the dealer put in. Without understanding Nissans part numbering conventions, it would be impossible to know for certain.

Serpens

Postby Serpens » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:55 am

ShipFixer wrote:I think it's the "correct" one. Mine was replaced in 2010 I think, and that's the part number I have. When this last came up on the forum that was the latest known "good" part number.

If you look through all the radiator bypass threads it was determined that Nissan changed the part starting with the 2011 models.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:13 pm

I just bought a new factory replacement radiator and it was a 21460-9CA0E.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:58 am

the path is too tight for me and the family. i should've bought the armada instead. but the mpg's have me on the fence still. the space is perfect and it's so comfortable.

mforce

Postby mforce » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Well we finally got it back. The temp gauge was replaced, evap canister was replaced, ECU recall done, and dealer covered everything. Cost came to almost $1000.00. Thank you Lord!!!! Glad all is well.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”