P0118 ECT intermittant

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

pathology

P0118 ECT intermittant

Postby pathology » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:44 am

Hi All, anyone point me to the engine coolant temperature sensor? I thought it was on the radiator, but it's far from obvious if so. I found one on a manifold near the block where the bank 1 camshaft position sensor is (not on the block, but the manifold near it) that looks very similar. Also, if I pull it, will coolant drain, or is it not directly in the coolant itself? Any ideas? Cheers, Alex.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 pm

If you have the V6, it's in a coolant pipe directly behind the right side valve cover. Yes, if you remove it, coolant will come out. If you remove the pressure cap in the reservoir (to release the pressure in the system) and re-install it, you can remove the sensor and install it without losing too much coolant if you're quick about it. The P0118 code is for a high voltage signal for the ECM, so you may want to try cleaning the grounds, first, as grounding has been an issue on many of the mid-2000's Nissans, including the R51. There is one body ground near the air cleaner case and two body grounds near the battery.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”