wet passenger floorboard

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

mc01ta

wet passenger floorboard

Postby mc01ta » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Been searching through posts in issues with at condensation drip onto passenger floor. Can someone please post what fix you came up with for example what size tubing extension did you use/ and or buy and where from?
I found a temp tubing extension I used from an old plastic air pump that had a plastic fitting I cut down to size that fit over the drain tube and electrical tape it to hold in place.

I would also like to know how to access tube from inside glove compartment and how to check if tube is clogged? I'd prefer to not pull off a wheel and lift car in a back if possible.

What did you all do to remedy this?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Try and locate Nissan service bulletin NTB07-091a which covers the "fix" for this issue using a cut-down section of Nissan vacuum hose P/N 14099-30P02. It gives detailed instructions and pics.

mc01ta

Postby mc01ta » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:55 am

I added a plastic tube onto it. Still getting moisture.on floorboard. I first ran a small guage tube from inside engine bay into condensation line hole and tried closing into it with no luck.

When I look under dash where.the foam cover to the condensation line is, I found it to beoist and dripping onto carpet. What is the next step to fixing this myself before I cave in and take it to a mechanic?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:23 pm

Did you follow the service bulletin?

mc01ta

Postby mc01ta » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:03 pm

I added a tube extension didn't see or read anything else about having condensation still collecting onto the foam piece at the firewall like I still have. I drove and ran ac and checked when I came home and still getting moisture in foam piece. It is much less now but still wet. What should I do next if adding a tube extension isn't fixing this? Anybody do this fix and have to do something further to fox this problem?

NoCode

Postby NoCode » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Hey MC, I had a similar problem. Followed the TSB to extend the hose thru the firewall. All was well then on a long trip water started to drip on my wife's foot. Looked like the condenser that holds the water that drains was just sweating. Wiped it off and kept an eye on it. It got damp again but never dripped. Humidity and temps outside were high at the time. I haven't seen it drip again. I wonder if my cabin filters need to be changed and if that would help. Anyway, if you've extended the hose that shouldn't be the issue. Might just be sweating a bit. If you find something different please post and let us know.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”