A/C pulls idle down....can a tuner help?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

silverpath

Re: A/C pulls idle down....can a tuner help?

Postby silverpath » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:31 am

ThePainClinic wrote:I have a 2010 PF LE 4.0 and when I'm at a stop light and the A/C is on I have noticed that when the compressor kicks on it drags the idle down to around 500rpm. It can shake the car a little and creates a sound when doing so. It goes right back up but then drops again, making it a distraction. Ive called several different service dealers who have all said that's normal for Nissans, especially the PF/ Frontiers (I assume the V6 engines only)

My question is can a tuner (Nissan Cortex 4950) bump the idle up a 25-50 rpm's. The dealer said they couldn't play with the idle against Nissans rules. And that everything was normal. But its so annoying is there anything I can do?
was the issue ever resolved??? I had this happen to me last year, and they did an idle re-learn and it solved the problem. Also they recommend to not use after market air filter, use premium gas, blah blah blah... (dealers BS) but I think the issue was the idle re-learn, and they did it at no extra cost. It has been a year and it has not happend once. -- covered under the 36k warranty.

ThePainClinic

Postby ThePainClinic » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:45 pm

No it still does it....I haven't purchased a tuner yet. The dealer said it was normal for Nissans. Exactly what is the "idle re learn" process? Is it something I can do myself?

silverpath

Postby silverpath » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:39 am

the idle re-learn was done by Nissan when I took it in for service. Not sure exactly what it in tales. My RPM would drop to 500 before when AC kicks in and when I am stopped at a red light, and after the re-learn, the RPM would be around 700 to 800. That resolved my issues.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”