05 pathfinder with about 128,000 miles

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

KIMBO SPLICE

05 pathfinder with about 128,000 miles

Postby KIMBO SPLICE » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:54 am

I have a 05 pathfinder that I recently changed a catalytic convertor and sensor on bank 2 due to a code p0430. After replacing it the SES was cleared and was fine until about 20 hours into my trip from MA to MN the SES came back on again but with a different code now which is a p1283 an air/fuel sensor on bank 2. It's the same sensor I replace when I replace the catalytic convertor. Can a sensor go bad that fast or is there another problem exist ? I need help because I don't to drive 24 hours with the SES light on and not to jinx myself get strained on the side of the highway. Thanks

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:41 am

The harness can be damaged, or the pins can be bent.

But yes, the sensors can be bad out of the box too.

I wouldn't worry about this causing you to be stranded. In the absense of a proper signal from the sensor, the ECM reverts to the default fuel map. It means you'll probably use a little more fuel, and heat up your new CAT a little bit more, but should be fine.

t

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 05 pathfinder with about 128,000 miles

Postby eieio » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 am

KIMBO SPLICE wrote:I have a 05 pathfinder that I recently changed a catalytic convertor and sensor on bank 2 due to a code p0430. After replacing it the SES was cleared and was fine until about 20 hours into my trip from MA to MN the SES came back on again but with a different code now which is a p1283 an air/fuel sensor on bank 2. It's the same sensor I replace when I replace the catalytic convertor. Can a sensor go bad that fast or is there another problem exist ? I need help because I don't to drive 24 hours with the SES light on and not to jinx myself get strained on the side of the highway. Thanks
is the new sensor OEM or aftermarket?

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”