2006 PF SE Coolant purge head scratcher

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

rannunziato

Postby rannunziato » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:15 pm

Mother Puss Bucket......So my mechanic owes me a new coolant flush, vacuum down, and fill at no cost to me, plus 2 hours of labor for diagnostic as a result of a simple screw up when the initial flush and fill occurred in early August. Not to mention the potential unforeseen damage inflicted on my PF due to elevated temperatures from lack of proper coolant amounts....Or do I just ask for the flush and fill at no charge and let "sleeping dogs lie"?

Thanks for the help, I love my PF, and this discussion forum, you guys rock...

CPLTECH

Postby CPLTECH » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:35 pm

eieio wrote:GOOD JOB CPLTECH!
Thanks for the complement. The majority of my troubleshooting skills came as a result of my previous life as an electronics guy & listening to the customer & the events surrounding the issue. Plus I remembered reading here of the proper placement of the pressure cap, which I thought was strange, but went & looked at mine & sure enough it belongs on the bottle.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:19 pm

rannunziato wrote:Boy, that would sure get my shorts in a bunch.....I paid a pile of cash chasing this issue only to discover mechanic error. Are you sure the rad doesn't get a spring plunger and the bottle does? I am concerned about damage to the system if the rad doesn't have a relief valve....I still have the Auto Zone replacement cap w/plunger. What if I leave the OEM cap on the rad., and put the AZ cap w/plunger on the bottle? Would that work?
i'd stick with OEM, especially for now.........no experiments!

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:23 pm

rannunziato wrote:Mother Puss Bucket......So my mechanic owes me a new coolant flush, vacuum down, and fill at no cost to me, plus 2 hours of labor for diagnostic as a result of a simple screw up when the initial flush and fill occurred in early August. Not to mention the potential unforeseen damage inflicted on my PF due to elevated temperatures from lack of proper coolant amounts....Or do I just ask for the flush and fill at no charge and let "sleeping dogs lie"?

Thanks for the help, I love my PF, and this discussion forum, you guys rock...
i'd certainly let them know, in a diplomatic way, what a hassle their mistake has put you through, and how any confidence you had in them is shaken
and see what they have to offer
any shop worth its' salt should be very generous and apologetic at this point
and if my shop made such a mistake, i'd certainly want to know about it

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:28 pm

CPLTECH wrote:
eieio wrote:GOOD JOB CPLTECH!
Thanks for the complement. The majority of my troubleshooting skills came as a result of my previous life as an electronics guy & listening to the customer & the events surrounding the issue.
that's the best way to learn
my diagnostics were learned in a very similar way as a service manager & technician in the motorcycle, ATV, PWC, and generator business for 36 years

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”