Hypertech Programming

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

1armyguy

Hypertech Programming

Postby 1armyguy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:13 am

I am looking to find out from the experts here about how well the Hypertech programming will work on my 08 4.0 and of course if it's worth it. I am mainly looking for better fuel economy but, of course at the same time, extra power is always a plus. :D

Thank you for any help and/or advice.

I have read through the previous posts about this but, I haven't found anything that would be recent after 2011.

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:04 pm

No one has any updates about this programmer?

Has anyone even used this programmer on another type of vehicle? If so, what were your results and impression?

Thank you for any and all advice and/or help.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Never heard of Hypertech. I have a Superchips Cortex, and it is OK. Tunes work great, but the tuner itself is pretty old tech and doesn't do everything I would like. For instance, it does not read the transmission oil temp.

Many here and on the Frontier forum speak highly of the Bullydog GT. I believe there is an updated version of the bullydog that may be even better.

t

1armyguy

Postby 1armyguy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Thank you for the response. I have been looking at them after seeing a few posts about it as well.

oreogaborio

Postby oreogaborio » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:43 pm

I've got a bullydog.

Purchased primarily for engine monitoring (I tow heavy a lot), fuel economy, power, diagnostic codes, etc.... all the typical reasons.

I like it a lot, but it wasn't cheap. I purchased it from www.trucktune.com. By far the best price I could find online. Happy with the purchase process.

http://www.trucktune.com/product/bully-dog-40415

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”