What Type of Fluids?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

alien_bug

What Type of Fluids?

Postby alien_bug » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Hi,

Radiator is a little low. What type of fluid?
Auto Trans needs a little. Same question.

Previous owner had it always serviced at the dealer if that helps answer.

Thank you,
Sean

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Most Nissans up to 2010 use regular green anti-freeze; in 2010, Nissan started to use blue "long-life" antifreeze in some of their models before eventually switching over to blue in all of the models. If just topping off the system, most of your "universal" antifreezes are fine, like Prestone.

For the automatic transmission, use either Nissan Type "J" or "S" or an aftermarket ATF that is recommended for use in Nissan Type "J" or "S" applications. That includes Valvoline Maxlife ATF, Castrol Multi-import ATF and many of your synthetic ATFs. I service mine with Valvoline Maxlife ATF and never had any problems.

alien_bug

Postby alien_bug » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Cool, thanks. I bought the Castrol Multi Import today. I was worried it was too generic. I only need a little bit to make up for what was lost during the bypass.
smj999smj wrote:Most Nissans up to 2010 use regular green anti-freeze; in 2010, Nissan started to use blue "long-life" antifreeze in some of their models before eventually switching over to blue in all of the models. If just topping off the system, most of your "universal" antifreezes are fine, like Prestone.

For the automatic transmission, use either Nissan Type "J" or "S" or an aftermarket ATF that is recommended for use in Nissan Type "J" or "S" applications. That includes Valvoline Maxlife ATF, Castrol Multi-import ATF and many of your synthetic ATFs. I service mine with Valvoline Maxlife ATF and never had any problems.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Nissan Type "S" ATF and Castrol Multi-import ATF are the same thing. Castrol makes Nissan Type "S" ATF for Nissan.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”