Please Help, Speedometer, Odometer, brake light, not workin

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

sonambulo3

Please Help, Speedometer, Odometer, brake light, not workin

Postby sonambulo3 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:45 pm

hello all!

I recently took my 2012 pathfinder to Mexico and got into an accident. Everyone is ok :)
the truck took damage to the fenders, hood, and radiator. The cooling fan damaged the radiator.

After fixing it, I was able to bring the truck back to the US, but the speedometer and odometer are not functioning, the brake light is always on, the wiper light is also on, the check engine light is on, and the tire pressure is always on regardless of the tire pressure.

Lastly, the radiator reservoir continue to spill over.

I checked the fuses and they are fine. I also checked for lose wires. I also suspect that the cooling fan might be spinning too slow...

any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thx everyone!

sonambulo3

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:02 pm

This is a tough one because the accident could have damaged any number of things, including the engine control unit, body control module (I lean toward this one), instrument cluster, etc.

I would imagine these issues are from the accident and, therefore, should be covered by your insurance.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:39 pm

DanJetta wrote:This is a tough one because the accident could have damaged any number of things, including the engine control unit, body control module (I lean toward this one), instrument cluster, etc.

I would imagine these issues are from the accident and, therefore, should be covered by your insurance.
My insurance ends at the US/Mexican border... Hope he's covered.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”