Check my bypass

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

KPath05

Check my bypass

Postby KPath05 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:31 pm

After reading through Doctahjones' post, I finally got around to doing my bypass. It was pretty easy as everyone else has said. I did manage to shear 3 rusted bolts getting my skid plate and lower bumper part off :( Check it out and see what you think. Let me know if you see something that doesn't look right. Thanks.

Original post from the Dr
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=9717

Here is what it looked like before the change

Here is what it looks like after the bypass. I did not cut any hose, and managed to slide it under the oil filter/oil drip guard area is and it doesn't look like its going to move around anywhere or get in the way of anything. I also use the existing hose clamps where I coupled the hoses together with the 5/16" double ended barb.

Also, while I was down there, I noticed on the passenger side of my radiator that the plastic piece wasn't fit real well. I know through my carfax that my radiator and tranny were replaced a while back with the previous owner. Since I still had the old radiator part # I went ahead and did the bypass anyways. Especially at 109k miles now, I'd rather not have the transmission fail again.

[/img]

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:17 pm

on an '05 (I think yours is a 2005?), the double ended barb is not necessary
from pg 8 of this thread: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=
bellwilliam wrote:just did the bypass. easier done than describing it. but I did not use any additional parts. no coupler, no hose clamp (reuse original), no zip tie.

you have 2 hoses -
hose A - from external transmission cooler to radiator (passenger side)
hose B - from radiator (driver side) to engine block.

take hose A off radiator (passenger side) and plug into engine block
take hose B off engine block and plug into radiator (passenger side), forming a loop within.

reuse all the old hose and clamp. length is perfect.

Before

After

KPath05

Postby KPath05 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:37 pm

ha, yeah, that would have been easier. I took the long route. It should be ok to leave it like this though, right? ... other than the fact that I now have and extra connection to potentially leak... or is it necessary to form the loop on the radiator? Thanks

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”