Should i change my oil pump or not?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

HLEGuitars

Should i change my oil pump or not?

Postby HLEGuitars » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:08 pm

First post here, but I've been lurking since i met my current fiance, mother of my child, love of my life, greatest thing since sliced bread....

and her 06 Pathfinder..

Anyway.. Its got the dreaded timing chain noise.. and the water pump went at 98k sooooooo

I have the front end ripped off.... (thanks to many posters here for tips... the freakin alternator gave me fits... till i read a post from another member describing the same problem.. bolts removed but wont budge... Removed the passenger side inner fender and gave it a tug.. and yep.. it eventually wiggled free...... i was going nuts looking for another bolt somewere!!!)

Anyway.. question is...

Should I change the oil pump at this time or not???

I already have the water pump and its $100 difference between the kit with the oil pump and with out it!!!!

Already added spark plugs and an idler pulley bearing to the bill!

Don't mean to nickel and dime.. but.. its the Holidays.. Kids want Toys.. and I'm BROKE!!! (if i was rich i would have paid the stealership the $1750 they quoted me.... )

And yep, I did a quasi search and didn't come up with much about the subject...

anything else I should be replacing at this time???

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Unless you has issues with the oil pressure, I would leave it alone.

HLEGuitars

Postby HLEGuitars » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks.... I think I'm going to take that advice!!!

I just found something inside the timing chain covered that added to the price of the billl!!!!!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”