Headlight washer

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

caesarson

Headlight washer

Postby caesarson » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:50 pm

When operating the windscreen washer. They work fine as the headlight washers work fine as well. But the passenger one continues to work and empty's the res. I have just pulled the switched. But is there anything i look at before i replace the pump.

Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:06 pm

It doesn't sound like a pump issue. It sounds like the pump is still getting power and ground. You need to check a wiring diagram and determine why the pump is staying "on." You mention headlight washers. What year Pathfinder and in what country are you in?

caesarson

Postby caesarson » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:48 am

THanks for the reply. You are quite right.

Path is a 2007 and for the UK market

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:58 am

This is interesting. I've contemplated adding some sort of headlight washer but did not know there was a factory option for this. My headlights get terribly dirty on the roads I drive and many times I have to stop and clean them since they're pretty mediocre even when clean.

Any idea the best way to find parts for UK models?

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:25 am

skinny2 wrote:This is interesting. I've contemplated adding some sort of headlight washer but did not know there was a factory option for this. My headlights get terribly dirty on the roads I drive and many times I have to stop and clean them since they're pretty mediocre even when clean.

Any idea the best way to find parts for UK models?
Google "UK Nissan dealership" or something similar. Then you can at least get some email contacts & shoot them an inquiry. I did the same thing when looking for the HIDs (way too expensive) and also had a lengthy exchange with a dealer there discussing the rear cargo cover (completely different setup compared to the US models).

Return to “R51 Electrical”