Projectors and HID's...

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

HTLover

Projectors and HID's...

Postby HTLover » Fri May 30, 2014 6:33 am

Ok, so i'm new to the pathfinder seen (recently purchased a 2008 LE V8 8). But coming from a car that had great lighting I simply can't sit idly by and deal with the pathfinders mediocre at best headlights. I purchased (Not yet delivered) some Anzo USA 111111 headlights. Whether or not this was wise we shall see. So my plan is (and this is why I'm writing) to purchase a legit HID retro kit for them. I've tried doing some research on this but have come up short. My thoughts are to buy something like the Retro-Quick Spyder/Spec-D HID's to replace one of the lights in each assembly. Does anyone have any ideas positive or negative on this? Once I have the Anzo's in hand I can do some measuring to see if it's possible. In speaking with a member here who has the Anzo's they mentioned seeing forums on people trying what i'm trying with little success but I can't seem to find any info on this. During my research I've seen lots of posts on doing just this (no brands mentioned) but none actually going through with it. Why is that? Am I on a fools path? I could seriously use some help if there is any to be had positive or negative on this. I'm a firm believer in learning from others mistakes/achievements.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri May 30, 2014 9:24 am

First question: are you sure that the housings you purchased will fit an '08? It seems a few websites list them, but they do not fit the newer brackets of the '08+. Do you have a link to them? I'm running projectors and HIDs in my '07, but ideally, I would send off the OEM housings and have them retrofit. Price has held me back, but I'm also pretty satisfied with what I have now. You certainly have lots of options, but none of them will be cheap if you want it done properly.

HTLover

Postby HTLover » Fri May 30, 2014 12:02 pm

NVSteve, Amazon and ebay state they fit. But AnzoUSA doesn't list 2008 as an option. If they don't fit i'll have to send them back. I bought them from Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anzo-USA-111111 ... 3a90ac5db2

Lets say they don't fit. You mentioned I have lots of options but i'm not seeing them, help! What companies would you suggest for a retrofit and what price are we talking? $500, $1000, $1500?

I'm open to options. It doesn't seem from my searches to be very many. Any help would be great.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:55 pm

HTLover wrote:NVSteve, Amazon and ebay state they fit. But AnzoUSA doesn't list 2008 as an option. If they don't fit i'll have to send them back. I bought them from Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anzo-USA-111111 ... 3a90ac5db2

Lets say they don't fit. You mentioned I have lots of options but i'm not seeing them, help! What companies would you suggest for a retrofit and what price are we talking? $500, $1000, $1500?

I'm open to options. It doesn't seem from my searches to be very many. Any help would be great.
if headlights say they work for 05-08, they will not fit on an 08-12. the housing on the 08 pathfinder was changed to help fit the V8.

HTLover

Postby HTLover » Fri May 30, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanks akley88, I'll have to pursue other avenues.

HTLover

Postby HTLover » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 am

Since there aren't many options for the R51 platform for good optics I chose to have some assemblies retrofitted with some 6.0 Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-Xenon Projectors. Should have them in a week! I found many companies willing to do this but were expensive. I finally found a company in NY that was running a sale on retrofits with this kit for a reasonable cost. I'll update when I have some more info.

HTLover

Postby HTLover » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:57 am

For those interested. The company took some pictures of the finished product. I should receive them next week and hopefully fit them up that weekend. Stay tuned

http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... rofit.html

aadadams

Postby aadadams » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:10 am

Images look nice, what was the cost/damage for the retrofit? Did you provide the headlamps? I bought a set of headlamps with this retrofit in mind. They have been sitting and collecting dust since then...

HTLover

Postby HTLover » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:34 pm

The retrofit cost $580 which I thought was a good price considering it includes painted housings, tinted amber, LED Halo's, and the HID setup parts and labor. Yes I bought a set of headlamps and sent them in. They're service is top notch.

To most $580 is a lot, but for me I got use to HID's on my Evo and just can't seem spending $150-$200 on sub par HID's that are not even close to these for a few hundred bucks more. We'll see though, having got them yet and haven't driven with them yet. I was told these will outperform the optics on my Evo..... we shall see....

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Those look pretty nice! If I had an '08+, I'd be right there with you. Let us know what you think once you get them & try them out.

cdcruizer05

Postby cdcruizer05 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:41 pm

Check out hidprojectors.com they retrofit as well, they have an example of an Frontier headlight. I'm going to have them retrofit my 05 Nissan Pathfinder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A28eVeFUQSs

HTLover

Postby HTLover » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:03 pm

Well finally got around to installing the assemblies over the weekend. Damn the LED Angle eyes are bright! And the HID kit is top notch. I've tried taking pictures with my Samsung S5 but the angles get washed out due to their brightness. I will try with my DSLR to see if it can capture the light. I ended up wiring the LED's to the fuel pump relay since there is no OEM plug for angle eyes. Since the LED's only had 2 wires coming out I had to buy some 14 gauge wire perform some soldering/heat shrink maneuvers and install them myself. I would highly recommend HID Illusionz for some retrofitting.

HTLover

Postby HTLover » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 pm

cdcruizer05 wrote:Check out hidprojectors.com they retrofit as well, they have an example of an Frontier headlight. I'm going to have them retrofit my 05 Nissan Pathfinder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A28eVeFUQSs
Keep us posted if you progress down the road with them! Cost and timing as well.

bmramon

Postby bmramon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Hi There, could you send me their phone number and email address? I couldn't find it.

Return to “R51 Electrical”