Question about Bose Stereo

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

PathinderBlackBeauty2

Question about Bose Stereo

Postby PathinderBlackBeauty2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:36 am

I have a 2006 Pathfinder I have a question about my bose 5 disc stereo. Nothing is in the disc 4 slot. It doesn't light up on stereo anymore and when I push Disc 4 button nothing happens will not load nothing. Should I unload the rest of the discs or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 am

You can try it. You can also try disconnecting the negative battery cable and re-connecting it, but keep in mind if you do that, you could lose the learned steering wheel position setting, resulting in the VDC/SLIP warning lights coming on and you'll need a scantool to reset it. Most likely, your Bose head unit is faulty and will need to be sent out for repair or replaced. There are a number of places that repair Nissan Bose head units, including Bose Corp. Just Google it.

PathinderBlackBeauty2

Postby PathinderBlackBeauty2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:01 pm

Thank you for helping out I may just not even fool with it afraid I will mess something up.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:20 am

smj999smj wrote:... resulting in the VDC/SLIP warning lights coming on and you'll need a scantool to reset it.
As an aside you don't need any tools to reset the VDC/SLIP lights after losing power. A drive in a straight line (IIRC the manual states do this at 30mph) will recalibrate the system and the lights will go out.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Question about Bose Stereo

Postby eieio » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 am

PathinderBlackBeauty2 wrote:I have a 2006 Pathfinder I have a question about my bose 5 disc stereo. Nothing is in the disc 4 slot. It doesn't light up on stereo anymore and when I push Disc 4 button nothing happens will not load nothing. Should I unload the rest of the discs or something? Any help is greatly appreciated.
are they factory CDs?
if not, unload all and install all factory recorded discs to see if there is any difference

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:50 am

As an aside you don't need any tools to reset the VDC/SLIP lights after losing power. A drive in a straight line (IIRC the manual states do this at 30mph) will recalibrate the system and the lights will go out.[/quote]

This is usually the case, but not always. It's best to keep the wheels straight ahead when disconnecting the battery. Sometimes if the battery is disconnected for a long time or disconnected with the wheels turned, the warning lights will stay illuminated and you will need the scantool in those cases. There was even a TSB released by Nissan for this issue.

Return to “R51 Electrical”