2011 HID retrofit

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

AtlantaRuffian

Postby AtlantaRuffian » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:58 pm

psinsyd wrote:I'm thinking of just going the LED route so I don't have to mess with the housings in any way
I have 5000K HIDs in the stock headlight housing which have been working nicely, but I can't shake my curiosity about LEDs.

One thing that I think might be problematic is the big heat sink on the base of each light. It's a pretty tight squeeze behind the headlight housings, especially on the driver's side with the intake there.

If you do decide to give them a try please do report back on how they turned out and throw up some pics if the mood strikes you!

Shilly

Postby Shilly » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:22 pm

The only thing I can coment on with all other ways other than a true retrofit,is the massive amount of glare with a pnp kit and lack of lumens from the led kits. Check out hid planet and scroll through. There is a bunch of useful info in there about every possible option.

AtlantaRuffian

Postby AtlantaRuffian » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Shilly, how exactly did you get the housing opened and resealed through baking?

Would you consider doing some kind of a write up on the whole process because you did a really good job on it.

Shilly

Postby Shilly » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:11 pm

I actually used a heat gun. But if I was to do it again, I would bake them. The good thing is that nissan uses butyl to close there lights, so they come apart pretty easily. This is my first retrofit,due to being nervous of opening lights. By time I was done with the second one it was super easy.

10kredline

fog lights

Postby 10kredline » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:14 am

do you have an output shot for the fogs?

Shilly

Re: fog lights

Postby Shilly » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:39 pm

10kredline wrote:do you have an output shot for the fogs?
Not right now. I'll try and get some this weekend.

psinsyd

Postby psinsyd » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:23 pm

AtlantaRuffian wrote:
psinsyd wrote:I'm thinking of just going the LED route so I don't have to mess with the housings in any way
I have 5000K HIDs in the stock headlight housing which have been working nicely, but I can't shake my curiosity about LEDs.

One thing that I think might be problematic is the big heat sink on the base of each light. It's a pretty tight squeeze behind the headlight housings, especially on the driver's side with the intake there.

If you do decide to give them a try please do report back on how they turned out and throw up some pics if the mood strikes you!
Good stuff. I know some of them have fans in the heatsink area, but I'd have to check to seeif the vLEDs do or not. If I end up going with them, I'll do a quick write-up on them.

First I need to get to the stealership to get that Stillen radiator installed!

Return to “R51 Electrical”