HELP Dealership trying to pull a fast one?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

08PathPounder

HELP Dealership trying to pull a fast one?

Postby 08PathPounder » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Defrosters weren't working in my pathy. Dash switches to the left and right of my defroster button ( AC on the left and circulate on the right) both light up and function fine but the defroster one doesn't/didn't . They have replaced the switch with no progress & have had my car for two days. When I called today they tell me that it's a bad ground in the " power distribution cluster" in my dash. That sounds like an absoulte load of crap to me. The only thing I can find schematic wise on the net is a fuse block under the hood with a relay for the rear window defrosters. Can't find any info on a "power distribution cluster" and if that was the case wouldn't all three fail to work?

They are getting in contact with Nissan to see if it is covers under their warranty. Please help before I get robbed or bent over! [/i]

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:30 pm

Didn't you say that you qualify for them to transfer you to a Nissan dealer? I think I would be more comfortable with that rather than having the Chevy dealer keep guessing.

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:59 pm

AZ_Path wrote:Didn't you say that you qualify for them to transfer you to a Nissan dealer? I think I would be more comfortable with that rather than having the Chevy dealer keep guessing.
I do indeed qualify but was told by the local Nissan dealer service department (toms river nj)the warranty would be considere a 3rd party warranty and much of the work may not be covered. I immediately called bullshit and said flat out to the guy I have a bumper to bumper full coverage warranty they absorb all the cost and all the parts and labor for the next 3 years or 36,000 miles from the date of purchase. He then told me to read my contract I said you don't know the contract. He then tried telling me that they might cover all of it at first but over time they will cover less and less. I literally was besides myself and walked away laughing

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 am

08PathPounder wrote:
AZ_Path wrote:Didn't you say that you qualify for them to transfer you to a Nissan dealer? I think I would be more comfortable with that rather than having the Chevy dealer keep guessing.
I do indeed qualify but was told by the local Nissan dealer service department (toms river nj)the warranty would be considere a 3rd party warranty and much of the work may not be covered. I immediately called bullshit and said flat out to the guy I have a bumper to bumper full coverage warranty they absorb all the cost and all the parts and labor for the next 3 years or 36,000 miles from the date of purchase. He then told me to read my contract I said you don't know the contract. He then tried telling me that they might cover all of it at first but over time they will cover less and less. I literally was besides myself and walked away laughing
have you read the contract?
some of the "third party" warranties are not all they seem to be
I've (as a service manager for 35 years) had to explain this to many customers, and often become the "bad guy" because the customer is fixated on what the salesman that sold the third party warranty to them told them
"bumper to bumper", indeed :roll:
and they can be a nightmare for the repair shop when it comes time for an authorization to repair, because the shop winds up between the customer and the warranty company (a rock and a hard place) if the warranty company decides, for whatever reason, that the repair is not covered by the warranty
further, many "third party" warranty companies limit how much they are willing to pay for parts and labor, so once again the repair shop loses their profit, or the customer winds up paying the balance
al of this makes it difficult for the repair shop to welcome work that may or may not be covered by the warranty with open arms
if the vehicle is brought to the shop that sold the warranty, then at least they have to stand behind whatever they sold you (warranty), and the profit they made from the warranty can cushion any loss they may incur in the repair process
I've heard many salesman absolutely mis-represent the coverage involved to the customer, and the customers' rarely read the warranty and understand that there are nearly always some limitations on coverage
frankly, I always hated that term "bumper to bumper", because unless it is used in the sale of a new vehicle sold by a dealership, most of the time it doesn't have much validity

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:28 am

Wowie, talk about a difficult position to be in. Seemed like a gravy job when I was working for Goodyear years ago, but I realize you gotta deal with the bs that comes with car sales and man hays a headache. My hats off to you sir haha.

I guess it will come down to the contract but, so far, they have paid for everything and gave me a loaner so I really can't complain. I'm just stressed that they are replacing or naming replaceable parts that don't need to be nor do they solve the problem. For instance, the defroster switch they bought before checking the circuit, or the typical your fuel cap was loose rather than doing a smoke test and replacing my Evap canister. Seems to be they tend to take the lazy way out. I might pull the plug and do it my self out of fear of being shafted

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:04 am

08PathPounder wrote:Wowie, talk about a difficult position to be in. Seemed like a gravy job when I was working for Goodyear years ago, but I realize you gotta deal with the bs that comes with car sales and man hays a headache. My hats off to you sir haha.
thanks 8)
08PathPounder wrote:I guess it will come down to the contract but, so far, they have paid for everything and gave me a loaner so I really can't complain. I'm just stressed that they are replacing or naming replaceable parts that don't need to be nor do they solve the problem. For instance, the defroster switch they bought before checking the circuit, or the typical your fuel cap was loose rather than doing a smoke test and replacing my Evap canister. Seems to be they tend to take the lazy way out. I might pull the plug and do it my self out of fear of being shafted
..........they can be a pain

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:46 pm

eieio wrote:
08PathPounder wrote:
have you read the contract?
some of the "third party" warranties are not all they seem to be
I've (as a service manager for 35 years) had to explain this to many customers, and often become the "bad guy" because the customer is fixated on what the salesman that sold the third party warranty to them told them
"bumper to bumper", indeed :roll:
and they can be a nightmare for the repair shop when it comes time for an authorization to repair, because the shop winds up between the customer and the warranty company (a rock and a hard place) if the warranty company decides, for whatever reason, that the repair is not covered by the warranty
further, many "third party" warranty companies limit how much they are willing to pay for parts and labor, so once again the repair shop loses their profit, or the customer winds up paying the balance
al of this makes it difficult for the repair shop to welcome work that may or may not be covered by the warranty with open arms
if the vehicle is brought to the shop that sold the warranty, then at least they have to stand behind whatever they sold you (warranty), and the profit they made from the warranty can cushion any loss they may incur in the repair process
I've heard many salesman absolutely mis-represent the coverage involved to the customer, and the customers' rarely read the warranty and understand that there are nearly always some limitations on coverage
frankly, I always hated that term "bumper to bumper", because unless it is used in the sale of a new vehicle sold by a dealership, most of the time it doesn't have much validity

Lol not coverd you called it

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:53 pm

08PathPounder wrote: Lol not coverd you called it
that's a shame, and I'm sorry, but not a bit surprised

08PathPounder

Postby 08PathPounder » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 pm

It was worth a shot though. At the very leased the car is in great shape and I finally got to put my sundown subwoofer to use as it should be. I'll get the the can as well as hoses for the Evap sitcuation, as far as the defroster switch not working, I get my car back and now my ac switch isn't working. I didn't even bother turning around. I'll end up fixing it any way lolol

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:57 am

08PathPounder wrote:It was worth a shot though. At the very leased the car is in great shape and I finally got to put my sundown subwoofer to use as it should be. I'll get the the can as well as hoses for the Evap sitcuation, as far as the defroster switch not working, I get my car back and now my ac switch isn't working. I didn't even bother turning around. I'll end up fixing it any way lolol
Funny, the reason I got into that profession was because I was so disgusted (mid 1970s) with the incompetence that I was seeing, that I started working on my own stuff, and it started from there............
8)

Return to “R51 Electrical”