just purchased a 2006 pathfinder and have 2 questions

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

truomega

just purchased a 2006 pathfinder and have 2 questions

Postby truomega » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:00 am

So i now own a 2006 pathfinder SE. Using the remote... The doors lock/unlock except for the rear hatch. I can still open it despite the fact i lock it using the remote Which obviously sets off the alarm. All 4 doors lock except for the rear hatch. Is this a common problem with a solution or do i need to remove the rear hatch plastic moulding and start troubleshooting?
Second issue is the knob for the climate control is missing. My climate control consists of 5 knobs... 3 large and 2 small. The knob i am refering to is the small upper knob which controls the rear fan and based on a picture i saw recently, it reads "0,R,1,2,3,4 with the writing REAR below it". The whole knob is missing where i cant turn the pin that activates the fan and when i look at the parts schematic i see that i can purchase the knob but based on the picture it just looks like the outer shell that turns but does not show the black inner body that connects to the pin that selects the fan speed with the letterings mentioned above. Do i need to purchase a new climate control module or am i missing something as far as purchasing the part?
Thanks in advance for any info given on either issue.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:10 am

I had a similar issue with the hatch recently. Click my profile and search my topics and it'll pop up for you. My fix was very simple.

truomega

Postby truomega » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:49 am

Intersting... i will look into that when i get home. Kinda odd that the mechanism would fall off like that by itself but will check and see. Is it difficult to remove the panel from the rear hatch? Thanks for your help.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:44 am

The knob should come complete; it's P/N: 27560-EA100.

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:43 pm

The panel comes off with 1 bolt in the handle and 2 small 7mm bolts behind the emergency kit. Open the hatch glass, then carefully pop the panel off by pulling on it. You'll find where it's attached fairly easily. Start at where the handle was.

truomega

Postby truomega » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:48 pm

Smj999.... thank you for the reply. I thought the same thing about that part number but found that it is only the outer shell where you would physicaly pur your fingers to turn the knob but the "guts" of that shell is not included. I even called courtecynissan and they confirmed i need to buy the whole climate control unit. Good news after hours of seaeching i found a used one for 150 shipped. Bad news is that i have to pay 150 dollars just to replace a perfectly working climate control module just for 1 stinking knob.

SET120 thanks for the reply on how to remove the panel. It is raining tonight so working on it isnt a great idea cknsidering there will exposed wires. Next available day i will open the panel and take a look then repost the resolusion as to why the rear hatch doesnt lock/unlock. One way or the other i will getba better view of the mechanisms involved.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:10 pm

They always get you one way or another! :wink:

daytona675

Postby daytona675 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:07 pm

maybe pull one off in a junkyard? or is the knob attached from the inside as a permanent part of the head unit?

truomega

Postby truomega » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Well... I removed the hatch panel and found the actuator. The acuator was attached and was not loose. The problem is that the plastic part that moves on the actuator back and fourth is barely moving. Even if i remove it from its location where there is no load, it barely moves back and fourth. Im guessing either some plastic part inside of it is broken or the solenoid inside it is shot and doesnt have enough power to move any longer. Either way, its a sealed unit and cannot be repaired and must be replaced. I found one online for around 75 dollars shipped which is a good price considering its near 100 dollars on most sites. Ill wait for it to arrive and do the install. Will post back with my results.

truomega

Postby truomega » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:17 pm

daytona675 wrote:maybe pull one off in a junkyard? or is the knob attached from the inside as a permanent part of the head unit?
The junk yard wont sell just the knob as then the whole unit would be useless so you must purchase the whole climate control unit. Sucks but what can be done?
Just as a side note.... I have a 06 daytona 675 as well. Best bike i ever owned. Unfortunately i tore my rotator cuff so riding is no longer an option for me. Trying to sell mine at the present moment. Here is the ad: http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/mcy/4957035581.html

truomega

Postby truomega » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:42 am

So just an update. I purchased a used climate control module and a rear hatch locking mechanism. The locking mechanism was used but when i swapped out the 2 seemed to do the trick. The arm on the locking mechanism now makes a complete movement that locks and unlocks the door so that problem is now fixed (thank goodness).
The climate control came with all the buttons. I tried to pull just the rear fan knob off to put it on my original unit but it wont budge and wasent about to break it although the knob appears to go on the same way as the one below it. Reason why i want to change out just the knob as opposed to putting in the new (used) unit is cause this unit i got has scuff marks on the other knobs. Although it functions just fine... I guess thats the risk you take when buying used But for 125 dollars vs 300, ill take my chances. Everything seems in place now so thats fine. Ill either keep the original climate control or sell it on ebay with the missing knob. Thanks again for all your help fellas.

Return to “R51 Electrical”