Weird issue with HORNS.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

car_bore

Weird issue with HORNS.

Postby car_bore » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:20 am

Hey Guys,

I'm having this weird issue with the horns. It stops working sometimes but most of the time it works perfectly. I just find it annoying because it doesn't work when I need to use it. I've replaced the horns with brand new ones, so it must be on other parts that I don't know. I'm also pretty sure its not the button on the steering wheel because it wont chirp when I lock it.

Any ideas on what to check and where to start?

AtlantaRuffian

Postby AtlantaRuffian » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:22 am

It may have something to do with the horn relay. The relay's located in the fuse/fusible link box under the hood on the passenger side between the battery and the firewall. Let me know if you need a diagram of the relay's position in the box or if there's anything else that might help.

car_bore

Postby car_bore » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:43 pm

AtlantaRuffian wrote:It may have something to do with the horn relay. The relay's located in the fuse/fusible link box under the hood on the passenger side between the battery and the firewall. Let me know if you need a diagram of the relay's position in the box or if there's anything else that might help.
Hi,

Could You send the diagram? I'll PM you my email address. So its just a matter of replacing the horn relay?

Return to “R51 Electrical”