Finally, a Pathfinder owner, but.....

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

ryan g

Finally, a Pathfinder owner, but.....

Postby ryan g » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Whats up Pathfinder fam! first time poster and first time Pathfinder owner. I am reaching out to you guys/gals for some much needed advice. I recently purchased a 2012 Pathfinder and absolutely love the vehicle, but I seem to be having a electrical issue.

Before I begin, I have done research on my own to try and resolve the issue but have not been successful. Probably something very basic (hopefully) and right under my nose. The issue is my radio and clock resetting presets when the vehicle is turned off for a long period of time. I came across information in reference to a "extended storage" fuse that may have been pulled out. If my information was correct, its the fuse in the fuse box in glove compartment with a plastic casing around it. I located that fuse, pulled out and pushed back in but that did not resolve the issue. I am the second owner of the vehicle. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Start with checking Fuse #4 in the fuse box inside the truck and the fuse for the battery back-up and supply located in the fuse and fusible link box on the passenger side of the engine compartment. If those are good, check your battery cable connections on top of your battery. Loose terminals are a common problem. If the positive side is loose and can't be tightened, you can get a new positive cable end from Nissan. If the ground side clamp is loose, cut it off and replace it with a "temporary cable end" from your local auto parts store. If those are okay, check with your Nissan dealer to see if there is a software update available. If not, you will need to get a 12v test light and a wiring diagram, pull the radio from the dash and so some power checks. It is possible that the problem is due to an internal failure of the radio, but it is a fairly common occurrence and loose battery cable terminals are often the cause.

ryan g

Postby ryan g » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Hey, thanks smj999smj. Im actually going to walk out and check that fuse now. My initial thought process was that it was probably a loose cable or old battery. I did have to jump it off when it wouldn't crank one morning and thought that it must have been the battery. So, I purchased a new battery, had it installed and same results from the radio/clock. Thanks for the info, and Ill keep you posted on the results. Appreciate the help!

bradk689

Postby bradk689 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Long shot....but I'm having the same issue, were you able to resolve the problem?

Return to “R51 Electrical”