So, I broke a connector underneath my driver's seat.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Dattosan

So, I broke a connector underneath my driver's seat.

Postby Dattosan » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:12 pm

I can only guess that a textbook slid and hit it, but regardless, it's broken and the wires no longer connect. Anyway, it's a small connector with two wires to either side. I'm having trouble finding any wiring diagrams, so I can't say what it goes to for sure, but I assume it has to do with the driver's side airbag, since the warning light for that has been on for quite some time.

Anyway, I have no idea where to buy this kind of connector, or how to replace the wires in it (though I'm not entirely foreign to wiring). If someone could just point me in the right direction, either a wiring diagram or a place to buy this connector, I would really appreciate it.

Here's a picture (and I apologize for the quality, but it's underneath a seat). The other end is the one immediately up and left of the one in the foreground, if that wasn't obvious:

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:52 pm

I think you are going to have a hard time finding a replacement connector. If you can cut one out of a salvage yard R51, that would probably be the easiest option. Wiring Specialties has some pigtail connectors but most are for engine harness applications. You can go to their site and check out what they have. Unlike most US domestic manufacturers, Nissan sells very few repair pigtails. They have a Nissan terminal kit from Kent-Moore that provides a number of empty connectors, pin terminals and weather seals, along with pin tools and it's very expensive. If you have a cooperative Nissan parts man, he could try and match your connector. Another option would be to cut off both connectors and hardwire/solder/shrinkwrap the wires together.

cripk8

Postby cripk8 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:00 am

this might be a dumb reply but in the pic it looks like you can reconnect the harness but the snap part just broke? Did you try to just reconnect it and maybe use electrical tape to hold it together?

Return to “R51 Electrical”