Rear AC going full blast

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

SDGuero

Rear AC going full blast

Postby SDGuero » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Hey guys,

I bought a 2011 with 16k on it last month. It was cranking slow so I replaced the battery and now the rear AC blower appears to be running full blast all the time blowing outside air temp air (not A/C air). I cannot change the fan speed or temperature setting using the rear controls. I searched the forums (search feature on this forum kinda sucks btw) and read the manual but didn't find any answers.

Prior to this issue I noticed the rear AC controls seemed non functional but everything was always off. Now, because it is blowing what appears to be outside air temps, it actually warms the truck on a hot day, fighting the front AC, It is also LOUD as the blower is running full speed.

This truck is still under factory warranty for another year but I'd prefer to save myself a trip to the dealer. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
SDGuero

SDGuero

I'm a dumbass

Postby SDGuero » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:09 pm

I figured it out. I think the rear AC was non funcitonal before and now it's working. THe full blast blower thing was just me being a dumbass not knowing how to switch betweenr ear and front control over the rear AC blower. Everything appears to be working great now.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Rear AC going full blast

Postby eieio » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 pm

SDGuero wrote:Hey guys,

I bought a 2011 with 16k on it last month. It was cranking slow so I replaced the battery and now the rear AC blower appears to be running full blast all the time blowing outside air temp air (not A/C air). I cannot change the fan speed or temperature setting using the rear controls. I searched the forums (search feature on this forum kinda sucks btw) and read the manual but didn't find any answers.

Prior to this issue I noticed the rear AC controls seemed non functional but everything was always off. Now, because it is blowing what appears to be outside air temps, it actually warms the truck on a hot day, fighting the front AC, It is also LOUD as the blower is running full speed.

This truck is still under factory warranty for another year but I'd prefer to save myself a trip to the dealer. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
SDGuero
I use it all the time - works for me. :wink:

Return to “R51 Electrical”