Driving lights

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Kestral

Driving lights

Postby Kestral » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Ok so we all know that our stock R51 lights stink! Or if you think they are just fine you prob are use to driving a car from the 1970's and you think the lights on your Pathy are an upgrade. Anyway I was wondering how many of you have added driving lights to complement your head lights? There are a few companies that make them I'm a Hella light fan myself I have used Hella 550's with great results.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:14 am

Here's my post where I installed Hella 500 BlackMagigs in the front grille: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... ight=hella I have them wired to go on with the high beams.

After taking a direct rock hit to one of the Hellas last year, I swapped them out with IPF 968DCG which are configured (and include) 100w bulbs. They're a big improvement, whiter light, and have a nice rock guard built in that doesn't seem to impact the lighting at all.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 pm

I've tried a few things and finally found something I like.

First I did the roof lights and Hella Black Magic 500s with the 100W bulbs. I found the Hellas weak (even with 100 Watt bulbs) and difficult to aim properly. The beam was so narrow that they were always either too high or too low. The roof lights were bright with a long, broad throw but it was difficult to see through the beams.

I bought a set of 7" LEDs on Amazon that I really like. I had to build a custom bracket to make them fit into my bull bar and installed a factory off road lights switch.

The only issue I have with these is that they're too bright to use anywhere but an empty country road. I can light up the interior of the car in front of me on the highway during the day.

asgard

Postby asgard » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:52 pm

I mounted a set of 4.5 inch 27 watt Kawell LED lights as I wanted them to fit inside my bull bar.
Just used a lighting relay and an illuminated rocker switch. Excellent output.

KAWELL® 2 Pack 4.5" 27W Round Thick Type DC 9-32V 6000K 1800LM 30 Degree LED $27 on Amazon

Return to “R51 Electrical”