2012 pathfinder SV Wiring

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Bozios89

2012 pathfinder SV Wiring

Postby Bozios89 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 am

Hey guys,

So I just bought a used 2012 Pathfinder SV. First thing I did was upgrade speakers becuase the stock were horrendous. I kept stock head Unit tho because I have navigation and backup camera.

Anyways when i pulled the door panels off and removed old speakers there was no indication which wire was positive and negative, and since the old speakers were attached by a clip harness there was no real way for me to see which was connected to what. I stopped at a car stereo store and a guy there gave me a printup of the wiring chart. However None of the wire colors on the sheet matched what was in the door panels. Anybody help me out?

dcommoncents

Postby dcommoncents » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:07 pm

I'm far from an electrical expert, but why don't you just use the vaunted trial and error approach? Hook the speakers up and if the sound output is in sync with the rest of the speakers, you're good to go. If not, reverse the wires. I seem to remember in my younger days that it was pretty obvious when you had positive and negative reversed on one of two subwoofers, so maybe pump some base. I may be wrong on this, but seems worth a try. I don't think you could hurt anything by reversing pos and neg on speakers.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:59 pm

Not sure if it's the same on these models, but generally, each Nissan speaker would use it's own colored wires, i.e. two purple wires or two green wires to a speaker in a particular location. The solid wire would be the positive wire and the one with the black stripe on it would be the ground.

Return to “R51 Electrical”