After Market Radio

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Mcrackin

After Market Radio

Postby Mcrackin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Ok, so I plan on getting a Pioneer FH-X720BT for my 2005 Pathfinder LE. It has the bose WITHOUT nav. Now the part where I start to get confused on is how to hook it up because it has a factory amp. Crutchfield says that I need to get a line out converter and plug the RCAs into the preamp in order to retain the use of the amp.

Now I am probably missing something here but would I not be able to just splice RCAs onto the wires instead, thus eliminating the need for a line out converter?

If logic follows from my previous question. Would this wire harness eliminate the need for myself to splice the wire because it has the RCAs are already attached?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 pm

You need a line out converter because Bose systems don't use all 4-ohm impedance speakers. The door speakers are 2-ohm, the woofer speakers are 1-ohm and the front tweeters are 4-ohm (but wired to work with the 2-ohm speakers, if I understand correctly. The factory amp is designed to work with those speakers and not 4-ohm speakers. You may also need an adapter to get the steering wheel switches to work your radio.

Mcrackin

Postby Mcrackin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:04 pm

smj999smj wrote:You need a line out converter because Bose systems don't use all 4-ohm impedance speakers. The door speakers are 2-ohm, the woofer speakers are 1-ohm and the front tweeters are 4-ohm (but wired to work with the 2-ohm speakers, if I understand correctly. The factory amp is designed to work with those speakers and not 4-ohm speakers. You may also need an adapter to get the steering wheel switches to work your radio.
So at that point I would adjust the gain so the correct amount of power reaches the speakers right? Also which line out would you suggest because I have heard they and screw with the sound quality? Thanks for the help by the way.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Check with Crutchfield.com. They sell them and have excellent sales and tech support.

Return to “R51 Electrical”