Window control switches

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:55 am

what is the best way to remove the silver color panel from the door without breaking it ?

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:32 pm

V8Pathy wrote:i bought a complete oem nissan panel for 43 bux shipped on ebay. new.
once I get it, I will install and report back.
WOW!
that's a $250.00 + part
are you sure it's OEM?
maybe post a link to the seller?

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:06 pm

sold out from that seller ( got the last one). It shows NISSAN brand on the back so looks to be OEM, however plenty of aftermarket also for sale without the brand stamp.
I'll confirm when I get it.

ETA: linking both

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... highlight=

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Sat May 07, 2016 10:10 pm

well that wasn't the issue. After swapping the master one. My rear right passenger is now stuck in bottom position. Won't go up anymore.
I'm gonna take the rear right switch apart and clean connector see if that does anything before I tear down the door panel....

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 am

V8Pathy wrote:well that wasn't the issue. After swapping the master one. My rear right passenger is now stuck in bottom position. Won't go up anymore.
I'm gonna take the rear right switch apart and clean connector see if that does anything before I tear down the door panel....
the right rear one was working with the original panel?
what was your original problem?

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Sun May 08, 2016 8:01 am

right rear one was on/off 50% of the time from the rear and 0% from main .Thought it might be faulty main. Swapped main then I was able maybe 50/50 from the main. Now It's down all the way and no luck from main or from rear right panel.
I just cleaned connector on rear but no dice. Might be the window regulator.
I'm gonna pull the door panel and see if I can get the window up manually first. Need that damn window up.

I also ordered a set of auto trim door panels tools. I have a feeling I'm gonna pull that door panel multiple times..lol

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Sun May 08, 2016 9:26 am

alright I stripped down the door panel. I can access the bottom of the window. Can I even move it up manually ?. It's mounted on a track with a cable

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Sun May 08, 2016 9:40 am

just to be sure, there is no fuse for the power window right ?

also I can hear noise from the motor when holding switch down. No noise when holding it up.

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Sun May 08, 2016 11:09 am

alright I got it back up manually.
Pretty much:

1. tear down door panel
2. disconnect power to window motor.
3. open motor cover
4. manually turn it so it raises the window til full lock.
5. replace motor cover
6. put back door panel.

I left the power disconnected so nobody is tempted to press that button down :)

voila !

temporary fix til I get a new motor.

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sun May 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Update
My swtiches are dirty again and wont work besides Driver side and rear passenger you guys thinking using some electric contanct grease would work?

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Mon May 09, 2016 6:26 am

Here is my window issue on my 08 Frontier / Crew cab. The front passenger window will not go up or down with the driver's switch or passengers switch. I got it 3/4 down and it wouldnt come back up unless I pushed down on the top of the glass and activated the switch; then it would come up under motor power? I can push down on top of the glass and push the up switch and it will come up but stop when I let go!

I would think that since it wont come up or down with either switch by itself, the motor is going out or about gone?

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Mon May 09, 2016 12:52 pm

dawgn86 wrote:Here is my window issue on my 08 Frontier / Crew cab. The front passenger window will not go up or down with the driver's switch or passengers switch. I got it 3/4 down and it wouldnt come back up unless I pushed down on the top of the glass and activated the switch; then it would come up under motor power? I can push down on top of the glass and push the up switch and it will come up but stop when I let go!

I would think that since it wont come up or down with either switch by itself, the motor is going out or about gone?
Yours does sound like the motor or regulator is going out i would replace before its stuck down or falls down.

dawgn86

Postby dawgn86 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:20 pm

figures as much as I didnt think two switches would go out at once.

V8Pathy

Postby V8Pathy » Mon May 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Thupertrooper wrote:
dawgn86 wrote:Here is my window issue on my 08 Frontier / Crew cab. The front passenger window will not go up or down with the driver's switch or passengers switch. I got it 3/4 down and it wouldnt come back up unless I pushed down on the top of the glass and activated the switch; then it would come up under motor power? I can push down on top of the glass and push the up switch and it will come up but stop when I let go!

Yours does sound like the motor or regulator is going out i would replace before its stuck down or falls down.
yep that's what happened to me. It would go up and down a bit then finally died.. all the way down.. ( thanks to the kids..).

SHAKEnBLAKE

Postby SHAKEnBLAKE » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:31 am

Has anyone made / can you buy switches to make all the windows auto?

Why do the auto manufacturers take time to engineer an auto design and then only use it on one window? So frustrating!

Return to “R51 Electrical”