What is controller assembly driving position?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

alecsey

What is controller assembly driving position?

Postby alecsey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Hi, what is controller assembly driving position part 98800-7s200? I was wondering why it started clicking annoyingly a lot couple of weeks ago. Could it be due to bad battery or poor conntecton between battery terminals and cables? Also it seems this module clicks before charge warning lamp and brake lamp comes on while engine is running. Thanks!!!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:12 am

It's the controller for the memory seats. If you have the charge system warning light and brake light coming on, then you have a charging system problem and the clicking could be a result of that. Check your battery cables and charging system; it should charge 13.2-15 volts.

alecsey

Postby alecsey » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 am

smj999smj wrote:It's the controller for the memory seats. If you have the charge system warning light and brake light coming on, then you have a charging system problem and the clicking could be a result of that. Check your battery cables and charging system; it should charge 13.2-15 volts.
Thanks you "smj999jmj" I have one more question.

Hi because I have charge warning light and brake light randomly come on and then randomly go away I performed battery / generator test using multimeter. Battery terminals and cables are thorougly cheaned and tightened, also belt tenson is OK.

Here's test results clearly showing the problem with charging / higher voltage. Please give me an advice in what direction to proceed.

1ST TRY:
1) before start battery voltage 12.7V
2) starter cranking voltage 10.3V
3) after start voltage went up to 14.5V and then few seconds later dropped to 12.5V. Charge warning light and brake light stay on after start.
4) at increased RPM 2000 voltage went up to 14.5V then when RPM decreased to idle it stayed 14.5V. Charge warning light and brake light went out.
5) second time RPM increase to 2000, voltage dropped town to 13.17V.

2ND TRY:
1) 12.8V before start
2) 10.6V while starter cranking
3) 12.6 after start engine idling. Charge warning light, brake light are on.
4) UNDER LOAD (headlights, radio, A/C, flashers are on) I hear high pitch noise coming from generator and then voltage went up to 16.7 - 18.3 volts.

Am I dealing with bad IC regulator? What direction should I take to further investigate the problem? Also what is the best way to access generator area -- throught the top, bottom or the side?

Thanks a lot! I appreciate any help. I need to drive on Thursday :(

Return to “R51 Electrical”