2008 Batter Drain Issues

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

glassywater

2008 Batter Drain Issues

Postby glassywater » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Evening all, first post here. I bought my Pathfinder about two years ago with 50k on the clock. It a 2008 SE 4.0L V6 with 80k miles, RWD and tan leather. I thought the Pathfinders were a good value when it came to gas mileage, towing and space. This forum has been a great help. I haven't done many modifications, but I did complete the following:

1. Radiator Bypass
2. Rear Airbags for towing
3. DVD Bypass - I have the LCD display console and DVD Player.

I am having an issue now with a draining battery. I went out and bought a new battery, but still having issues. I can't leave the vehicle for more than two days without the battery draining. To the best of my ability I did an amperage draw test and was pulling up to 1.25 Amps with the key off. I narrowed down the largest draw to the Radio fuse and the draw fell to .33 Amps.

I know I have an issue, but not sure where to go from here. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'll add some pictures soon.

mrguy19

Postby mrguy19 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:20 pm

Mine just starting to do the same, battery check, cleaned posts, re-tighten. It started fine, wife was driving her around town and boom DEAD, had to jump start it and now the battery is drained....

BUMP for any suggestions.!

labsy

Postby labsy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:27 am

What I have seen problems arising when replacing OEM stereo with better one:
- Car stereos have a permanent live battery feed and an ignition live feed. On some replacement car stereos the feed wires are opposite to the vehicle manufacturers setup. Double-check those plugs by radio wiring scheme and the opposite plug on vehicle for possible miswirings
- Also sometimes I measured significant drain via antenna cable. Disconnect antenna cable and measure drain when device is off.

Might give you some clues on your issue.

Return to “R51 Electrical”